Search results

1. Philadd

Possible new problems on recently manufactured Fleck 7000 valves

Anyone heard anything about this recall recently? I thought I had my problem resolved but after the last backwash I started leaking water into the brine tank again. I've already broken it down three times so if I'm still having this problem I think I have to have one of the bad ones.
  2. Philadd

Possible new problems on recently manufactured Fleck 7000 valves

This is all very interesting. I installed a 7000 in my home last week and had this very same issue. Not sure if I got one of the defective valves or not but after disassembling and reassembling the darned thing three times I finally got it working correctly. The unfortunate thing is that I...
  3. Philadd

7000sxt - Sizing For Now vs Sizing For the Future?? Rapidly Growing Family

Ditto - Really appreciate the offer but I think I finally got it. Still not sure exactly what it was but it was driving me crazy last night so at about 1am I started breaking it all down again. I disassembled every valve and oring on that unit. Stopped short of taking the valve off the tank. It...
  4. Philadd

Unfortunately I'm back. I watched your video and I've disassembled the valve twice now trying to figure out why I still have a steady stream of water filling the brine tank when I'm in service mode. When you pull the safety pin and brine tube out of the valve you can see a trickle of water...
  5. Philadd

Just watched the video. That is awesome. Thank you so much for everything you do here!!!!!
  6. Philadd

Well, I got everything up and running but I'm not sure if I have a problem or not so I need some more help. After getting everything put together I kicked off a backwash and after it finished I was getting some hissing coming from where the brine tube attaches to the valve. No leaks but it was...
  7. Philadd

The unit is getting installed tonight and I'm confident that I know everything I need to know with the exception of one thing. If I have a .25 blfc and Ditto's settings sheet has me setting my brine fill for 27 minutes how many gallons of water should I pour into the brine tank when I startup...
  8. Philadd

Thanks Ditto!! Looking forward to getting this thing up and running tomorrow.
  9. Philadd

Unfortunately the T'd the refrigerator line off of the cold line under the kitchen sink. I've already re-routed the refrigerator line through the ro system so at least we have good water going to the frig now. Went with the 2.5 cubic foot with 7000sxt valve.
  10. Philadd

Found out they split the cold line to the kitchen sink right by the main coming into the house. Unfortunately, it's on the complete opposite side of the house from where my loop is and I'd have to rip apart one of bathrooms to get to it. So it's really not worth it. We do have a tankless water...
  11. Philadd

Okay so here's my next question. Is there a standard location for where the T to the kitchen sink would be so I don't go punching holes all over everywhere in my garage walls? Should it be somewhere near the loop for the water softener or could it really be anywhere? The house is a new build...
  12. Philadd

Just found out that when our house was built they bypassed the cold to kitchen sink and outside hosebibs from the main line so even with the water softener we will still have 20gpg hard water coming through the kitchen sink. The spots in the sink are driving me crazy!!! Are there any pou...
  13. Philadd

When should you use a gravel underbed? Is this something I should be considering?
  14. Philadd

A couple more questions if you don't mind. I called to order my system this morning and was told by the salesman that a 7000SXT was more than I needed for my 1" plumbing. He also said the 7000SXT is not a very reliable unit. He said the 5600SXT has a much better track record and recommended a...
  15. Philadd

Okay, so here's my next question then. If I'm looking at 2.5 cubic foot system for my water softening needs how big of a carbon tank would I need to reduce the .93 ppm chlorine down to a reasonable level? Would it be another 2.5 cubic foot tank or would something smaller suffice?
  16. Philadd

Would a 20" big blue w/carbon filter work for removing the chlorine before it gets to the softener? I had already thought about doing something like this but was a little concerned about the effect it might have on the pressure.
  17. Philadd

Chlorine is coming in at .93 ppm. How many years should I expect to get out of the 8% at this level? If its only going to get me 4 or 5 years then I might spring for the 10% now if it will get me up to the 9 or 10 year mark.
  18. Philadd

One more question if you don't mind. Just checked with the site I was going to order my unit from and they don't sell the 10% crosslinked resin. They said they would reduce the price of the unit by the 8% resin they supply if I want to buy the 10% elsewhere. I've looked around and can't seem to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks