Search results

1. njbillt

Help my identify this union coupling

I think they're also called anti-siphon valves. Purpose is to prevent water already out in the irrigation lines from being brought back into the potable water system. They were expensive something like $90 and really I could blow the lines out with them in place but I've done that with the...
  2. njbillt

Somebody already suggested that but understand the part I want to replace is molded onto the backflow preventer.
  3. njbillt

Thanks for the suggestion. If I have to cut the pipe, I'll just put a ball valve there with a tee below it so I can attach the blow out port. The thing is I have 2 of these backflow preventers, one for iron filtered zones and one for raw well water zones where it won't stain sidewalks and the...
  4. njbillt

Just under 2 1/2". The plug is a good idea but I want to be able to pressurize it to winterize. I'm sure the compressor would blow any plug right off. I'm not worried about water getting in. I remove half of the unions when I winterize my pool and all I do is put a plastic baggie over it...
  5. njbillt

I can't. The part I need is molded into the backflow preventer.
  6. njbillt

well it's not damaged it's brand new and while I could take your suggestion about taking that part of the union off, it kinda defeats the purpose of having a union there.
  7. njbillt

So you think Toro went to the trouble to design their own union? Seems like a lot of trouble but I guess its possible.
  8. njbillt

I bought a Toro irrigation backflow preventer with 2 unions built in so it can be removed for the winter. I want to be able to seal the outdoor parts off for the winter, but cannot find a compatible union. (I realize I'll only be using half of the union) 1" sched 40 PVC is too small and 1...
  9. njbillt

Seeking submersible pump advice

I tend to be proactive. I replace my buried oil storage tank before it leaked. If my well pump gave up the ghost mid-winter it would cost me twice as much as if I do it at my leisure. I believe the pump is still running at its capacity because the hydrant I use to fill my pool is right at the...
  10. njbillt

Good to know. I was going to have the installer tell me how deep I'm drawing from but by then he'll have bought the pump. Can you give me any tricks to figure that out before I buy? The well cap is going to be replaced too in all this as it's loose and I have access to the well. A string...
  11. njbillt

I'm leaning towards the Myers/Pentek if I can get the guy to install it. If I can trust the specs, the Myers is a better deal if buying it by the pound lol. This new pump will use your CSV. I'll be in touch when I figure out which pump I'm installing and how deep I'm drawing from but as I...
  12. njbillt

I'm getting ready to have my 25 year old pump replaced. The pump down there now is a Myers with a Franklin Electric motor, and I can't complain; it has lasted 25 years and a lot of that is irrigation with no CSV. Burned up a lot of relays over the years, but the pump hasn't been out of the...
  13. njbillt

Pump start relay when well pump already uses a pressure relay

Thank you. I'm looking into this. Gonna feel weird not having that big blue tank in the basement though.
  14. njbillt

I thought the idea of these relays was to prevent the pump from cycling on and off to save the contacts on the pressure switch and also prolong the life of the pump. All my neighbors have them. We're missing something here.
  15. njbillt

I want to bypass the pressure switch that's for household use so when I'm running the sprinklers the pump will run full time. How to wire this? The instructions show it as if the pump is only used for the irrigation pump, on/off. How can I wire this so the pressure switch works when the...
  16. njbillt

concentric termination distance relative to dryer vent

The manual just says to avoid terminating near a dryer vent, but it doesn't say what they consider "near." Any input or experience here would be appreciated. I have few choices for this termination.
  17. njbillt

2" or 3" concentric

Rich. Thank you for the reply. I have 2 Goodman condensing furnaces both vented with 2" and they too work fine. Rheem has since updated their manual on my water heater and say it can use 2" or 3", but they still say in the chart to use ONLY a 3" concentric, which makes no sense to me at all...
  18. njbillt

2" or 3" concentric

I'm looking at the installation manual of a Rheem condensing tank water heater, and I see a contradiction. The intake and vent are 2", but they show a 2" to 3" reducer within a few inches of the unit, and they say to use only a 3" concentric. But in a table they say less than 30 feet can use...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks