Search results

1. S

Replacing tub and shower two handle faucet set

I live in a 1950's house that has the original chrome bathtub/shower faucet set. Very standard set: faucet has diverter to showerhead and set included two X shaped handles (the type you need to remove with handle remover tool.) Is it possible to replace this set with a new 2-handle...
  2. S

Crack in threads of female pipe

Thank You!! I truly appreciate everyone's advice. I am going to give it a shot this weekend. (I have teflon tape, putty, wrenches and am ready to go....) I am fortunate that the shower arm is approx. 4 inches ABOVE the start of the tile, so I believe I can avoid damaging tiles. TWO...
  3. S

Crack pipe - what will this cost? The wall it abuts is a double bricked exterior wall. The only way to the pipe is through my bathroom wall - tiles, then plaster, then boards. What do you think this might cost to repair? The plumber that I was recommended charges $130/hr (I live in SW...
  4. S

Is there really no alternative?? :( I removed the arm because it looked like it was 50 years old - my desire to replace the arm was purely cosmetic. This is my 2nd shower, therefore I've only used it a few time since buying the house this summer. And yes, unfortunately it really is...
  5. S

I am hoping that someone (anyone!) might help me. Yesterday I removed the arm to my shower from the pipe in the wall). After it was removed the arm, I took a flashlight to look into the hole and discovered a 3/4" crack through the threads of the female pipe (the crack is parellel to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks