Search results

1. ej

Kohler Memoirs bathroom sink valve replacement - how to remove the bonnet?

There is a nut under the sink - but yeah, I was thinking the escutcheon might unscrew from the top (although the square one I'm not so sure). I just didn't want to start wailing on it without being certain. I'll see if the Kohler site has anything.
  2. ej

Kohler Memoirs bathroom sink valve replacement - how to remove the bonnet?

Hi - How do I get the bonnets off these Kohler sink faucets? My goal is to replace the valve; oddly, the hot side handle on both sinks is really hard to turn (both installed ~8 yrs ago), but the cold is just fine. I removed the set screw from the handle and am able to pull it off. But can't...
  3. ej

Toilet tank leans in....

Thanks for your reply, hj. I re-read my post and see the confusion. Hopefully this will clarify. In order to get the tank barely close to plumb, I have to loosen the front two bolts completely, and really tighten down the back bolt with a wrench, at which point there is no seal at the front...
  4. ej

Toilet tank leans in....

Hi all- I'll try to make this brief. I have installed a Kohler Memoirs toilet. The floor is dead-on level. Yet, when i put my level across the top of the bowl, from front to back, it's out of level by about 3/4" over the ~24" length. So when I subsequently put the tank on, the tank leans...
  5. ej

chromed lavatory supply lines

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like I'm asking for a headache w/ the tubing, even though it might be 'prettier'. I might give the tubes a shot since I already bought them (i'll pay special attention to the bending based on both your comments), but won't spend too much time before changing...
  6. ej

strap wrench trick?

Thanks, hj. I'll try it out. -ed
  7. ej

chromed lavatory supply lines

I'm looking for some advice. I'm putting in a Kohler sink and toilet as part of a remodel. So I also bought the matching supply valves. Turns out they come with chromed, flexible copper(?) supply tubes. I'm used to the old ugly black reinforced rubber hoses, and have never used one of these...
  8. ej

strap wrench trick?

Can anyone shed some light on how to use a strap wrench? Is there a trick? I bought a cheapy from HD, and couldn't get it to grip. Then I went back and bought the expensive one (20 bucks) thinking it was a quality problem, and it still doesn't grip. So now I think it's an operator problem...
  9. ej

Odd size steel pipe nipples

Thanks, Lonnie. The spout is part of the fixture package, and the wife really likes it, so changing the spout is out. You mentioned copper which got me thinking.... Can I just make it out of copper and sweat two threaded ends to the correct length of tubing? or do I risk damage when...
  10. ej

Odd size steel pipe nipples

Hello- I'm putting in a tub faucet and need a 3 1/4" nipple in order to have <1/8" gap to caulk. Using the standard 3 1/2" that I can get at home depot, I end up with a 3/8 gap which seems a bit much, and 3" is too short. The Home depot guy said to mate up smalller nipples with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks