Search results

1. Jimmi328

Filter or screen to eliminate course sand from irrigation system

Yes, this is a shallow well. I have a 220 volt, 1.5 HP external pump but currently using a gasoline trash pump (much more pull) in an attempt to clear this well. A few weeks ago, I did the fishing string, bobber and weight thing and the string measured 70 feet.
  2. Jimmi328

Filter or screen to eliminate course sand from irrigation system

I’m trying to clear my well of all tiny stones or course sand, about 1 mm or less in size. Is there some type of screen/filter I can place at the top of the casing and before the check valve? Is there a removable screen for cleaning every few months? This well that has not been used in many...
  3. Jimmi328

No Water from Shallow Well

Actually I rechecked a 3rd time with a 25 foot metal tape measure. I extended it then entire 25 feet and could not hit bottom. Yes, the 1 and 5/8 is where I measured at the Tee The horizontal pipe is only about 5 feet and just beneath the surface, so I can dig this up to look for rust.
  4. Jimmi328

I measure the inside diameter and got 1 and 5/8 inch.
  5. Jimmi328

Hello Justwater – I ran the garden hose for a ½ hour and it did not fill up.
  6. Jimmi328

Valveman – Well point screen? Are these items I see at the big box stores usually in 5 foot sections made of PVC or some kind of metal that have a point on one end? If I were to drive this into the original casing, I’m assuming I would have to drive it deeper than the original to get past the...
  7. Jimmi328

Here’s what I have done: 1) Primed pump with garden hose, still would not pump water 2) Dug until I found vertical pipe, removed cap, lowered twine with a weight on it until it stopped. I pulled it back out and measured about 30 feet. The lower 20 feet of twine was wet, upper 10 feet dry. I...
  8. Jimmi328

Hello All, The house I live in (South Florida) is on city water but also has a well pump for watering the lawn. The pump turns on but no water (lived here one year). A water well technician came over, said the pump appears to be okay, most likely a blockage in the horizontal pipe and quoted...
  9. Jimmi328

What barrier should I use between concrete slab and mortar pre-slope?

I got the pre-slope poured; now it’s time to think of the liner. It seems to me that a paint-on shower pan liner would make this project mush easier. That is I don’t think I would need to notch the studs and fold or manipulate the liner in the corners. Any advice?
  10. Jimmi328

Should I put metal lath down on the concrete slab for additional strength before I pour the pre-slope?
  11. Jimmi328

I understand now Jim; this does make sense for the bonding action. As for the 2x4’s; there’s no moisture what-so-ever in or on the slab. I avoided PT lumber as I heard as it dries it can crack the tile from moisture beneath. I used Yellow Pine and coated the “entire” bottom piece with...
  12. Jimmi328

Thanks for the reply Jim. Yes, I did buy Portland and sand today, built a wooden box and practiced working with it. I feel much more comfortable now and ready to pour over the slab. I’ll use your suggestion and paint on a Portland slurry, let it dry, then the pre-slope.
  13. Jimmi328

Hello All, I will soon pour a mortar pre-slope on a concrete slab. Regarding a barrier between the two; some of the research I’ve done suggest using felt/tar paper and some suggest using thinset. Any suggestions? The city's plumbing inspector doesn't care, he said it's my choice. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks