Search results

1. MichaelBukay

Do all plumbing companies bill this way?

When I had my business I always did time and material. Working for another company I was introduced to flat-rate pricing. The flat rates make more business sense for a company or contractor, because it is usually the average time to do a task based on all skill levels. If the rate for a task...
  2. MichaelBukay

Old hose bib

I see now. The link you replied to user gbrobnig with did not show this and only showed regular silcocks. Thanks for the heads up on what looks like an awesome product! What is the brand name and where do I get them? Do any models meet lead-free requirements? Winter is fast approaching here in...
  3. MichaelBukay

Old hose bib

Now why on earth would you replace a freeze proof spigot with a 1/4 turn ball?
  4. MichaelBukay

How do I remove these faucet handles?

the h and c caps probably pop off or unscrew.
  5. MichaelBukay

SureStor Indirect fired hot water heater 120 gallons

if you tap on the expansion tank with a metal object, the part where it connects to the water line should sound different than the other end of the tank which should sound empty.
  6. MichaelBukay

Bathroom remodel copper and brass drains

It's ok. Use shielded couplings instead. I was just saying its probably a good idea to open the floor. If not, you have to build up the floor to make it work with what's there. If it is possible to cut out the old and put in new, do it. Trying to un-solder a brass toilet flange with a little...
  7. MichaelBukay

Never trust a "Handyman" when all you need is a Plumber.

Never trust a "Handyman" when all you need is a Plumber.
  8. MichaelBukay

Problem with toilet shut off valve

If the toilet is too noisy or causes water hammer, the valve is not the issue.
  9. MichaelBukay

Bathroom remodel copper and brass drains

Do it right. Cut the floor and repipe for the fixtures. Or just add 2 plywood boards to make up the difference. But seriously; do it right.
  10. MichaelBukay

Tankless,Cold Water Sandwich

thanks Terry. That much I know. I'm installing a Rinnai. I heard something about some expansion tank device that solves the problem. But when I called my supplier, the device was discontinued. not much in the net about all this. Thanks for the reply.
  11. MichaelBukay

Tankless,Cold Water Sandwich

any ideas on a device or piping option to eliminate the cold water sandwich effect on a tankless system? I'm in a dispute with my employer over the issue. Need backup!
  12. MichaelBukay

New Sharkbite 3/4" ball valve leaks

FYI, don't use SharkBite fittings. Do it right the first time. I still don't trust those things.
  13. MichaelBukay

Under-Slab Well Supply Repair

Thank you Terry. I always braze fitting under slabs. I was just checking to see if there was some other way the well guys would rig it up. My intuition, and your advice, have brought me to the same conclusion. Thanks again!
  14. MichaelBukay

Under-Slab Well Supply Repair

I have a 3/4" soft copper supply line (from a well pump to the pressure tank) under a slab that needs to be repaired. What do the well guys do? Silver solder, brazing, compression fittings? It will be covered with concrete when repaired. It can be repaired using 2 couplings. I have brazed...
  15. MichaelBukay

Missing P Trap?

your picture is an island vent...that was the first thing i though of when i saw your original post.
  16. MichaelBukay

Miele Dishwasher to Air Gap adapter

Please don't take my word for it but usually you cut the end of the dishwasher discharge hose to fit the airgap. It's probably in the instructions. Or stamped on the rubber hose end saying 5/8" or 7/8" with a line separating the two values. around 2:15 in the video it shows what I'm talking...
  17. MichaelBukay

Is this shower and valve placement acceptable?

A good GC would have called and asked you if you had a problem with it being off-center. There is almost always a way to do it correctly in my opinion. If I was going to do this for my customer, I would have called you to ask if it was acceptable. At least they should have given you an option...
  18. MichaelBukay

Significant Chronic Plumbing Issues Need a Fix

Seems like a big mess. Next time the water comes out of the ceiling just cut the ceiling open and find where it's coming from. Patching drywall is cheap. Or when the insurance remodelers come, look in the walls and ceilings after they remove the old drywall. After all the headaches you have been...
  19. MichaelBukay

What is this material?

I also have found the same material in a water system. A customer complained of a shower valve restriction. Sure enough, when I removed the cartridge, this material was clogging the valve body. Still don't know what it really is.
  20. MichaelBukay

Condo owner dumps two flower pots down kitchen drain

Too many stories... clogged lav drain turned out to be aquarium gravel that they thought they could just pour down the drain. A clogged kitchen drain turned out to be about 7 sweet potatoes worth of peels in the disposal/continuous waste/trap, a toilet sweep was clogged with cement the last...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks