Search results

1. R

Laundry Tub with No Visible Trap

My guess is that the tub drains into an old floor drain and someone extended it with some pvc and cemented in the drain pipe. Probably to contain the frequent floods. The classic problem of water backing up when the washer pumps out is evident from the rusty legs on the tub frame. There is...
  2. R

Vexing vent problem?

Point well taken hj. Is this because of the large volume of water from the washer? Ron
  3. R

Vexing vent problem?

Thanks for the comments guys. The current setup is just dry fit for the picture and will be cut off at the proper height during final assembly. Reventing the sink drain back to the 2" is probably the best approach and most of the pipes will be hidden behind the washer. The idea of a cabinet...
  4. R

Vexing vent problem?

I'm relocating the laundry room machinery and have a vent question. I have a new 2" pvc drain coming out of the floor next to the wall. I want to tie the washer and a laundry sink into this line. The 2" line will extend beyond as the vent. In the attached picture I just stacked some...
  5. R

Bell joint de-leading

I just took a leaded joint apart last evening. I used a drill with a 1/4" bit and nibbled away at it. The best technique was to drill straight in and once through the lead, start rocking the drill from side to side. The lead came out as shavings. This one was a little difficult because the...
  6. R

Laundry remodel

I planning a laundry room redo and looking for some ideas on draining a new laundry sink and the washer. Currently the laundry tub and washer drain into a floor drain that doesn't have the capacity for large volumes of water without making a small lake on the floor. The drain is clean but the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks