Search results

1. tommy h

american standard mixing valve need skematic

thanks hj, I actually video taped taking the unit out, i bought the repair kit,which consisted of only washers pertaining to this unit.There is a kit for $86.00 that has all the metal parts,but i just got the washer kit for 25.00( as advised by the parts guy). I cleaned all valve...
  2. tommy h

i'm going to albano's plumbing in corona queens ny tomorrow, i called them and they said they have the rebuild kit,my next question was ;"does it come with instructions ? he said he thinks it does but wasn't sure, we shall see tomorrow, i will update tomorrow, and thank you jim for your response
  3. tommy h

1950s American Standard Shower Mixer Valve leaking

i was wondering if you have rebuilt the american standard mixing valve yet?
  4. tommy h

well i got the right screw driver to open up the valve today and i know what part i need A/SR12936.09 "R1400 RENU RP OVERHAUL" 442005 does anybody know where i can get a blow up drawing of this valve, so when i re build i have a solid reference ,also here is my previous post on this matter...
  5. tommy h

Shower mixing valve

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?47393-1950s-American-Standard-Shower-Mixer-Valve-leaking
  6. tommy h

Shower mixing valve

well jim, my wife's been wanting a new bathroom,so this may be the straw, i just dread the thought of having to haul this thing out of the house, not to mention 20k it's gonna cost for a new bathroom, maybe somebody else has an idea.......thanx again ! oh by the way the house was built in 58...
  7. tommy h

Shower mixing valve

i posted the shower so you can see what i'm dealing with :circular tiled ,5 shower head's,something from the 70's i would say. there is no way to access the valve ,except from the front 2) after turning off the hot main for this bathroom : all other bathrooms and kitchen no longer have...
  8. tommy h

Shower mixing valve

ok where do i start normally i would call my plumber,however i live in one of the hardest hit area's that sandy destroyed and the plumber i use, is too busy to deal with this.and for that matter ,you just cant get a plumber right now. so.....................i would like to repair this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks