Search results

1. Silversaver

Fleck 5810 - bad product?

Which model of Clack did you get? How do you like it?
  2. Silversaver

Fleck 7000 64k unit replacing resin

Opening her up. The resin level should be at 2/3 of tank correct? It is at about 60% now. Update: Nothing I can do after taking her apart. The resin is at about 60% in the tank which is about right level since space is needed for resin expansion. I could not replace the leaking o ring due to...
  3. Silversaver

Confirmed. It is a red #0 injector with correct 3.5GPM DLFC. Seller did provided correct sizing.
  4. Silversaver

The label indicate the injector is #0 red which is the proper size for 12" tank, but why a 2.4GPM DLFC for 12X52 tank? I guess I'll have to wait unit the resin and other parts arrived, then open her up to find out. This is the part I don't understand. I pay for all the services and still cannot...
  5. Silversaver

Thank you! I did find some videos on how to service the Fleck 7000. While I watch all these videos, I found another question, what color of injector should I use? Does injector size matter? Looks like there is 3 different colors indicate different size of injector. I am just hoping to get all...
  6. Silversaver

Hi, I’ll be working on my Fleck 7000 64k unit. I recall you mention about the 2.4GPM DLFC been too small. Should I replace with the correct size Button to 3.0GPM or larger? Thanks
  7. Silversaver

I believe I do have to order a bag of resin. People been talking about 10% crosslink resin, but I can only find Purolite which I believe it is only 8% crosslink. Any suggest place to order the resin?
  8. Silversaver

Yes, I do. Thanks for the tips
  9. Silversaver

I have not use hardness tester, but base on how smooth of water felt. All I'm doing now is eliminate and narrow down for fact finding before next step
  10. Silversaver

Thanks for the inputs guys, you guys are great. To be honest, I am running out of soft water before the regeneration + water not soft enough (BF set at 28). I am basing on the memory as I recall the service guy only replace with one bag of resin, that's why I start this thread. As I look up and...
  11. Silversaver

Go it. It is different way to setting up the reserve capacity. Your recommend setting seems to use less salt per regeneration but more frequently to ensure water stays soft.
  12. Silversaver

Thanks, Let me look into the setting you provided. Here is my current setting: Fleck 7000SXT Settings: DF = Gal ; Units VT = dF2b ; Downflw/Upflw, Double Backwash CT = Fd ; Meter Delayed regen trigger C = 48.0 ; capacity in 1000 grains H = 25 ; Hardness grains after compensation RS = SF SF =...
  13. Silversaver

I am base on what local water company report average of 20 grains of hardness since it was on some well water. I set at 25 just to be sure I do t run off of soft water since I hardly have the same experience of soft water since day 1 compare with my old GE water softener. To be honest I wasn’t...
  14. Silversaver

I just check the text message with the service guy. I’m sure he know the tank is 12x52 will need 2 cuft of resin. Now I’m a little confuse why only one bag add to the system… I’m not kind of guy stay and watch people doing their work…. If he does put 2 bag of resin, then why the water will not...
  15. Silversaver

Thank you. I’m not sure if there are any gravel for bedding when new. Are gravel came with the system? I only recall the service guy dump out old resin and add one bag of resin. I wasn’t there the whole time to see all the details, but I know he only add 1 bag of resin. I understand it is...
  16. Silversaver

Are you suggest I should just replace a new system better than trying to making it work? I’m actually prefer to get a new system and be sure I find a right installer to do the job. Just not sure what to get yet. I can add another of bag of resin to the tank, but not knowing if it will address...
  17. Silversaver

Hi, Yes, it has 0.25GPM BLFC. I just set the BF from 28 to 32 and see if I get softer water all the way before regeneration. I’ll monitor see how long the water will stay soft before it need another cycle. I set the softener capacity at 48k as suggested. If base on 48k setting, it should be at...
  18. Silversaver

Hi, The old resin were breaking up in smaller pieces and I have no idea why. I’m surprise why such a short life cycle. My old GE softener last 13 years. Perhaps bad quality resin used? Regardless of salt setting the water is no longer soft my setting on Fleck 7000 were 28 BF, that should...
  19. Silversaver

He empty out the resin. Black tank 12x52. It doesn’t make any sense if you replace 1/2 of the old resin if you know what I meant. I have no idea why perhaps increase profit on the cost of resin. That’s why I’m not risk another replace job from same guy. It is just a regular softener.
  20. Silversaver

Hi guys, I am back since 2013. I have the Fleck 7000 64k unit installed with your help. In 2021, I ask the same guy install the system for me to help me replace the resin on this 64k unit. He did, but he only replace with one bag (1CuFt) of Purolite resin. I have always set the system with 48k...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks