Search results

1. brosnt1

Mobile home shower faucet

Hi all, I have a cold water valve in one of my showers that I think is somewhat plugged. I need to take the valve apart but can’t figure out how to unscrew this plastic valve. Is there someone here that has taken one of these valves apart? I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks
  2. brosnt1

AC Coil

All I purchased a cased ac A coil for my furnace and would like to install it with out installing the condensor. The instructions say that it is pressure charged and the pressure should be released before soldering. I would like to keep the pressure in the A coil until next summer when I hook...
  3. brosnt1

Sewage ejector pump

I have installed a sewage ejector pump to lift the waste form the lower level bathroom to the pipe going out to the septic tank. when the pump shuts off the pipes bang and shake, its louder than I care listen to. I have a 37" deep pit vented (2") with a 1/2 hp pump connected to 2" pipe. About 4...
  4. brosnt1

Gas Supply to Tankless Water Heater

I'm installing a Rinnia tankless water heater that will operate on propane. I'm confused about the size of the gas line. The manufacturer requires a 3/4" line to the heater (up to 180,000 btu). I have a 1/2" copper line form the 500lb tank outside to the input side of the regulator on the side...
  5. brosnt1

Soft or Hard water

In most houses where I live (Minnesota), cold water faucets in the kitchen sink are plumbed with unsoftened water. Some say it is that way because the hard water tastes better, and I suppose the minerals are better for you. I would like to hear what others have to say about this issue. Thanks...
  6. brosnt1

Arc fault testing

Hello all, I have my final electrical inspection this week and was wondering if there is a way to test arc fault circuts, other than using the test button? I've heard that the devices on the market for testing them (similar to the gfci circuit testers) do not work as advertized. Any replys...
  7. brosnt1

Floor outlets

If outlets are installed in the floor, do you need a mud ring to bring the outlet up to finished floor level. Also, do you need a covered switch plate like the ones you use for outdoor outlets? Thanks in advance for any reply
  8. brosnt1

Electrical outlet question

ALL I have installed my 2 - 20 amp appliance circuits, and I am ready to install my recepticles. The only 20 amp recepticles that I have been able to find have one of the blade slots at 90 degrees to the other. What is confusing me is my other house which is only 9 years old has the appliance...
  9. brosnt1

Sewage ejector vent

Hello All does the 2" vent for a sewage ejector pit have to be a separate vent all the way to the roof, or can it connect to the main vent? thanks in advance for your help
  10. brosnt1

Electrical Questions

I have a couple of question that I'm hoping someone can answer, any response will be greatly appreciated. 1. It states in the code book that type nm ROMEX® run thru floors is to be protected by conduit for a distance of 6" above the floor. Are they talking about in an open floor outside of the...
  11. brosnt1

Conduit size vs. number of wires

I have 2 12/2 MN ROMEX® running to a well pressure tank switch from the panel. above the pressure tank the ROMEX® is stripped and I have the 4 current carrying conductor and 2 grounds running in 1/2" conduit down the wall to a metal box containing a shut-off switch ( double pole 230v). My...
  12. brosnt1

Vent Question

What is the maximum distance a vent can run horizontally from the main vent stack. I have a kitchen sink vent and a washer stand pipe that are both about 25 feet away from the main vent stack. I'm trying to avoid drilling another hole in the roof. Thanks
  13. brosnt1

A/C condenser hook-up

Can I use 10-2/W GND romex to run power to a central A/C condenser if I mark the white wire? the unit is 220VAC at about 20 amps. Thanks
  14. brosnt1

electrical Box fill

How many number 12 ga NM romex cables can enter one of the blue plastic single gang outlet/switch boxes? also is pig tailing outlets code?
  15. brosnt1

built in microwave outlet

If you install a built in microwave with the outlet inside the cabinet, can this outlet be part of one of the 2-20 amp convenience outlets, or do you have to run a dedicated circuit, also what is the amperage for a microwave 15 or 20? what is the amperage for an electric range? any information...
  16. brosnt1

Roof Vents

I have 6 of the plastic square roof vents that are just down from the peak. My question is: if you re-roof, do you install the vents after shingling or is it better to cover the entire base of the vent with shingles. they were just tucked up under 1 or 2 rows of shingles with 1/2 of the flange...
  17. brosnt1

Roofing Question

When roofing a hip roof, are the shingles overlapped on the hip ridge or cut were they meet? and if they are overlapped, how far?
  18. brosnt1

Installation HVAC/Plumbing

For new construction, If an HVAC (duct work) and a plumbing system are both to be installed, is there 1st priority given to one installation before the other to make both installation easier? Also I read that ABS plastic pipe and fittings are no longer allowed for DWV in some areas, if this is...
  19. brosnt1

Air admittance valves

Can someone in the plumbing business tell me if they use these valves for new construction or remodeling, instead of actually running vent pipes? Are they accepted by the plumbing code. I know you still need at least one vent stack that is plumbed to the outside. but it seems that the use of...
  20. brosnt1

Plumbing and floor plan

Can a professional plumber plumb new construction regardless of the floor plan. is there always a way to accomplish the plumbing.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks