Search results

1. brosnt1

Mobile home shower faucet

Hi all, I have a cold water valve in one of my showers that I think is somewhat plugged. I need to take the valve apart but can’t figure out how to unscrew this plastic valve. Is there someone here that has taken one of these valves apart? I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks
  2. brosnt1

Tankless-luke warm shower

Gregsauls, It's a model R53. I know what you mean, I think it's intimidation and insecurity. If it can't be fixed with a pipe wrench, they are lost. Any new technology, anything from the Europeans, or anything that take away their bread and butter i.e. pex, studor valves, they don't like. I...
  3. brosnt1

Tankless-luke warm shower

Happy with my tankless All, I would like to tell you about my limited tankless heater experience. About a year ago I purchased and installed a Rinnai tankless water heater for my lake home in northern Minnesota. The installation was very easy and was complete in about a day and a half ( this...
  4. brosnt1

AC Coil

I will not be hooking up the line until spring. Thanks everyone for the advise
  5. brosnt1

AC Coil

nhmaster, Yes, I have the proper equipment and training, and I do have a univeral license. The reason I ask is because I usually work on environmental chamber and not residential system and was hoping a residential installer has made this kind of installation in the past, and could advise me...
  6. brosnt1

AC Coil

All I purchased a cased ac A coil for my furnace and would like to install it with out installing the condensor. The instructions say that it is pressure charged and the pressure should be released before soldering. I would like to keep the pressure in the A coil until next summer when I hook...
  7. brosnt1

Sewage ejector pump

I have installed a sewage ejector pump to lift the waste form the lower level bathroom to the pipe going out to the septic tank. when the pump shuts off the pipes bang and shake, its louder than I care listen to. I have a 37" deep pit vented (2") with a 1/2 hp pump connected to 2" pipe. About 4...
  8. brosnt1

Gas Supply to Tankless Water Heater

Jad, MPM, thanks for your reply. The tankless heater came from the factory setup for propane use only, and in the literature and on a label at the connection it says to use a 3/4" supply. The gas company said the equipment outside the house will handle my furnace gas stove, fireplace and the...
  9. brosnt1

Gas Supply to Tankless Water Heater

I'm installing a Rinnia tankless water heater that will operate on propane. I'm confused about the size of the gas line. The manufacturer requires a 3/4" line to the heater (up to 180,000 btu). I have a 1/2" copper line form the 500lb tank outside to the input side of the regulator on the side...
  10. brosnt1

Soft or Hard water

In most houses where I live (Minnesota), cold water faucets in the kitchen sink are plumbed with unsoftened water. Some say it is that way because the hard water tastes better, and I suppose the minerals are better for you. I would like to hear what others have to say about this issue. Thanks...
  11. brosnt1

Arc fault testing

All, thanks for the reply's I just wanted to make sure they trip before the inspection, for the GFCI's I used a plug in device to check that the wiring is correct, and it has a button to trip the GFCI. I was just wondering if there was a similar way to check the AF.
  12. brosnt1

Arc fault testing

Hello all, I have my final electrical inspection this week and was wondering if there is a way to test arc fault circuts, other than using the test button? I've heard that the devices on the market for testing them (similar to the gfci circuit testers) do not work as advertized. Any replys...
  13. brosnt1

Floor outlets

thanks everyone for your help.
  14. brosnt1

Floor outlets

thanks Frenchie
  15. brosnt1

Floor outlets

the box I used must be ok because I have already had my rough in signed off, can you give me an example of an approved box and cover. Thanks
  16. brosnt1

Floor outlets

If outlets are installed in the floor, do you need a mud ring to bring the outlet up to finished floor level. Also, do you need a covered switch plate like the ones you use for outdoor outlets? Thanks in advance for any reply
  17. brosnt1

Laundry in bathroom, GFI required?

Can it be a 15 Amp GFI?
  18. brosnt1

Electrical outlet question

Thanks for the reply. I did not know it was allowable to use 15 amp recepticles on a 20 amp appliance circuit. Thanks again
  19. brosnt1

Electrical outlet question

ALL I have installed my 2 - 20 amp appliance circuits, and I am ready to install my recepticles. The only 20 amp recepticles that I have been able to find have one of the blade slots at 90 degrees to the other. What is confusing me is my other house which is only 9 years old has the appliance...
  20. brosnt1

Sewage ejector vent

Thanks all for your input, The reason I'm asking is because may sewage pit is in the center of the basement level, and I have a 1st with a loft above that. no central walls in the loft to run a pipe in. If I need to go to the roof, I would have to run at least 12 feet to a side wall and then up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks