Search results

1. Brownizs

Appliance Whip to Bath Exhaust Fan

It is fine as it is. There are hundreds of thousands of setups like that, that have passed. Personally with today's buildings, it would be better to do a remote unit, with duct into the bath, to isolate the noise of the fan, when it is running. Especially since you have a separate lighting...
  2. Brownizs

Grease on new Siemens circ. breaker contacts - need to wipe out before installing?

You can get the small packets from Napa, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, O'Reilly's also, which come in handy for small jobs.
  3. Brownizs

7 way switch?

If he keeps the telephone line active all of the time, he could use a smart controller, that would allow him to turn them off from anywhere. Basically everything would work off of a central panel, that would allow total control of any of the lights in the home. Would also mean some rewiring...
  4. Brownizs

Cost to duct small house for HVAC ??

Materials $40. Time to do the job, 15 min's.
  5. Brownizs

stair case hand rail

The railing would actually have a little jog, that goes past the wall to continue down to the Newel Post at the bottom. This way, the railing is continuous and does not break any place. On the lines of that note, my BIL's contractor screwed up when they installed his, due to when you grasp the...
  6. Brownizs

How can I add a basement utility sink what will be below the main sewer discharge?

Mine along with the wash machine drains into the floor drain. Has been that way since we moved in, and probably for the last 50 or so years for this house. Only recently, did we use 1 1/2" PVC for the drain line, since all that it was for us, as a 3/4" rubber hose for both.
  7. Brownizs

Basement bathtub drain + roughin install gone wrong ?

Ever tried to push water uphill? That is what the tub drain is trying to do.
  8. Brownizs

Cost to duct small house for HVAC ??

A bid I got to just do 12' of 12" duct changed to 6" was $700. Tell me that that is not a huge mark up in labor costs.
  9. Brownizs

Steel Tubs - life span?

Mine is over seventy years old, and is holding up. Then again, it is not one of these cheap Mexico & China made thin wall tubs.
  10. Brownizs

Test - can you spot a code violation?

Problem, what problem. That is what the OP is questioning.
  11. Brownizs

electric outlet

I always use the boxes that can be extended or recessed by adjustment screws. Makes for easier & cleaner installs.
  12. Brownizs

Need 9" Hole Saw

Actually, there is a tool that is used with a Rotozip to cut a hole up to 12-14". It sits in a hole that you drill, then from there, the Roto sits on the outside edge. You do need to use a Carbide tip cutter.
  13. Brownizs

Antenna installation

And how would you secure to the pole? There is nothing to grab onto, plus you get the pleasure of having to place your arm over the Electrical drop to do anything.
  14. Brownizs

Garbage disposal on/off switch

Mine is in the cabinet so that you have to open the door to run it. Makes for no classic oops starts.
  15. Brownizs

Electrical Engineer allowed to do Electrical work?

Tell me about it. It is also in the DIY Chatroom @ DSLR.
  16. Brownizs

Metal studs

Have seen first hand. Love it when Steel Studs rust out to the point that they just sway in the breeze. As for lumber, you always use Pressure Treated at any point that will make direct contact with Concrete.
  17. Brownizs

Metal studs

One item of interest that has been left out, is that using Metal Studs in a Basement, means that after a few years, they may rot, and leave you with rusted verticals, with nothing securing at the bottom.
  18. Brownizs

Under Cabinet Lighting with Transformer

http://www.iaei.org/subscriber/magazine/04_f/ode.htm http://www.q-tran.com/pdf/2008%20Article%20411.pdf
  19. Brownizs

Component wiring

A/V can be run through Conduit. Running Fiber is overkill.
  20. Brownizs

Under Cabinet Lighting with Transformer

When have you ever known homeowners to meet code? That is why you guys have the license. As a homeowner, I try to stay within the codes as best as the situation requires, but if cannot do it, the job does not get done by myself.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks