Search results

1. rcdba

Help venting small bathroom in basemment

Do I need a floor clean out any where on this layout ? I really don't want a clean out in front of my toilet. I figure I can snake from either shower or lavatory. Richard
  2. rcdba

On the subject of venting. What is the maximum distance you can go horizontal before going up to the roof ? basically, how far to plumb from the vent ?
  3. rcdba

That isn't a vent. It's a wet vent. It comes from the lavatory which then rises to the vent. Richard
  4. rcdba

Thank you... I'm pretty happy with this layout. I was planning on turning the 2" wye on an angle instead of flat but wasn't sure if it was right. Nice to see both ways will work. One thing I may change out is the 1/4 bend that leads to the wye. If I have the space, I'll use a short sweep. I...
  5. rcdba

Ok.Because I'm trying to vent everything through the lavatory in a really small bathroom, I reworked my plumbing layout. Hopefully, everything is good. I added an image. Question:. If the 2 inch wye (which connects to the shower drain) is on its side, is it still vented. Or should I turn it up...
  6. rcdba

total discharge for stack meaning

Is that really a legal S trap ? or is it wrong ?
  7. rcdba

something i found on the internet http://www2.iccsafe.org/states/new_york/NY_Residential/PDFs/Chapter%2031.pdf on page 405
  8. rcdba

total discharge for stack. what does this mean ? especially on a 2 inch vent. Is this the number of fixtures allowed on a vent ? does it include fixtures from floors above ? I have 3 sinks on three different levels connected to the vent. how much is too much on a 2 inch vent ? what is the...
  9. rcdba

steam boiler radiator return pipe

that makes sense.. Thank you, John
  10. rcdba

steam boiler radiator return pipe

I have a steam boiler radiator system. The return line of threaded black pipe in the basement is corroding. I've already spotted a leak. I replaced the part with a new piece and it was full of water. Because I would like to finish the basement, the return piping needs to be replaced. It's quite...
  11. rcdba

I thank all of you gentlemen for your help. I'm going with your suggestions to vent from the lavatory. It's a more ideal option because I have no space to add another wall anywhere. I do have another quick question before I start roughing in this small bathroom. Is one able to pipe a toilet...
  12. rcdba

I appreciate your knowledge and guidance in regards to plumbing. I understand you can't have a horizontal vent under the floor. How about a vent 45 degree with a 4 x 2 wye a bit further down and end up vertical in the wall cavity. Is this still considered horizontal. Then I could have the...
  13. rcdba

was planning to go horizontal under the floor with a wye on its back then up into the wall with a 90 degree to meet the sink. There will be a wall behind the shower toilet and sink. This is behind the blue outline of the room. Below is what I planned to put behind the lavatory and toilet, then...
  14. rcdba

my vent will be horizontal above flood level rim of sink. this is where the toilet and shower will vent to, then vent to 2" vertical vent ?
  15. rcdba

I am currently adding a bathroom to the basement. It's a small bathroom 4 x 6 feet. Are my vents correct ? Keep in mind my vent for the toilet and shower connections are going to be sanitary-Tee's or Wye's laying on its back. I have two options for the shower vent. Do I run it to the back...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks