Search results

1. zver11

Hard water calcium clog under slab

Cleaned out long horizontal run PVC drain pipe from kitchen heavily clogged with calcium. Used vinegar to soften and then cut pipe and jetted from low end. Now have calcium clog after vertical stack in 4" pipe under slab. Location approx 10' after vertical based on basement bathroom fixture...
  2. zver11

Clogged pipe wellhead to house.

Dealing with a nightmare well company. Needed to replace 3/4 HP submersible pump in 450 ft well. Already hit $5500 bills for replacement of pump, new wire, reuse PVC down pipe. Now company wants $2800 to replace pipe from well to house (<30') because pipe is blocked. Everything was fine...
  3. zver11

Patching PVC vent leak

I have a vent stack with a leak at a joint. Condensation keeps the joint wet. Location/obstructions makes it difficult to cut out section and replace joint but I can do a PVC repair coupling type patch. I can squeeze in a threaded clamp around the pipe to hold the repair in place until the...
  4. zver11

Want to move 3.5" vent pipe in a 2x4 wall

I would like to put in a in-the-wall medicine cabinet over a bathroom sink. A 3.5" OD PVC vent pipe rises through the center of the 2x4 wall behind the sink. Believe it vents multiple bathrooms. This bathroom is on top floor with a very short distance ceiling to roof. Problem is how do I put...
  5. zver11

Direct vent water heater vent pipe question

I am replacing a over 20 year old 100, 000 BTU high efficiency tank water heater (Polaris) with a comparable unit. The existing unit has a PVC intake and an ABS exhaust meeting at a ABS concentric vent (2" pipes used). I am replacing all vent pipes and the concentric vent. My intention is to...
  6. zver11

Insinkerator hot water dispenser tank with non insinkerator faucet?

Most hot water dispensers seem to use the same tanks. Insinkerator has an extra (vent?) line. Is it possible to hook a non insinkerator faucet to an insinkerator tank? I have an existing relatively new Insinkerator tank, but do not like their faucet options. with my new sink/faucets. Voided...
  7. zver11

Can a loop be used to improve water flow?

My house was originally plumbed in copper(based on remnants visible in unfinished area of basement). It is currently mostly CPVC. I suspect this is due to the acid well water. I have 1 pair(hot/cold) of 3/4" CPVC line feeding over an unfinished ceiling to under a finished ceiling and then...
  8. zver11

Waterguard Aerator Noise

I installed a Waterguard Radon Aerator. It involves a sprayer and a repressurization pump(submersible 1/2 HP in sprayer tank) and output pressure tank/pressure switch. Output gear similar to well pump equipment. The problem is a loud thump sound every time the pump turns off. Loud enough to...
  9. zver11

Odd Fleck 7000SXT configuration possible?

I have a Filox iron filter with a Fleck 7000SXT followed by a 200 gallon tank radon aerator with its own repressurization pump. Aerator follows iron filter (and backwashable sediment filter) to avoid fouling. However, during Iron filter backwash, it would be nice to have the aerator tank's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks