Search results

1. Mazcar

Gas fireplace options - advice

Gentlemen, We froze our Tex-asses last year when the power went out. It was 8 degrees and I'm built for 100 degree Summers! We have a 24"-35" fireplace that we never used until this last Winter. We used the stand/grill/grate thing and put some logs on it. Under the stand, there's a gas...
  2. Mazcar

Toto Drake - original flapper replace or fix - part # confusion

Gentlemen, I have a Toto Drake CST744s. It's a couple of years old, now. We have serious water issues at my condos. The water puts out a lot of minerals and our water lines have calcium build-up. Recently, my toilet started giving me the once-per hour hiss that seems to be the symptom of a...
  3. Mazcar

Questions to ask a drain cleaning company - regarding old pipes

Hi All, My condo bathtub has an extremely slow drain. In the time it took me to shower (longish shower) the bathtub filled up to the round cap a few inches under the spout. That's a scary amount of water. Also, it takes more than a half hour for the tub to empty that water. There is a...
  4. Mazcar

Undersink hot water heater is semi-clogged

Hi All, I have an Insinkerator instant hot water heater (it has a small stainless steel tank). It has progressively gotten to where it now sputters and sporadically flows its hot water out. A few months ago, I removed it and flushed it out with tap water, shook it around, and got a lot of...
  5. Mazcar

Poor hot water temperature before & after new water heater

Hi All, My condo neighbor is having hot water issues and we've thrown money at the problem at that hasn't solved the issue. I am hoping to get some guidance on this issue. I live in a forty year old complex. It is shaped like a rectangle with four buildings comprised of forty-eight units...
  6. Mazcar

gas stove supply line replacement

Hi All, I am trying to replace a 36" gas supply line for my stove with a 60" line. I just purchased a Brasscraft "Coated Stainless Steel Gas Connector" kit with a 5/8" OD in 60" length to replace the gas supply line for my stove. The instructions are a bit murky. So, I am hoping that...
  7. Mazcar

American Standard kitchen faucet fixing

Hi Gents, Today, I am working on an American Standard single-handle kitchen faucet. It's a ten year old Reliant-ish model with a side sprayer. It started pouring water underneath my counter and here we are. I called A/S and they told me they have a lifetime warranty and they sent me a new...
  8. Mazcar

Disposal leak, replacement, potential can o worms

Hi All, My Badger 5 is leaking from a hole in the housing. Grrr. I have a new Badger 5 in a box, begging to be installed. Only for aesthetics, I would like to change the basket strainer on the sink side and maybe change the strainer on the Badger side, too. My plumbing is pretty old, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks