Search results

1. tireiron

Shower venting details/ dry run

How does this set up look as far as venting the shower? Lower left is a long sweep 3 inch soil stack from upstairs bathroom above (vented straight out the roof on second floor). The 3 inch horizontal run drops vertically into the basement where it ties in to the cast iron (to the upper right)...
  2. tireiron

Option for adding to my soil stack for second toilet.

Can I use a galvanized bushing? I found a 3.5 to 3 inch for $30...
  3. tireiron

I will go measure...it is pvc though.
  4. tireiron

Can I add a second soil stack for an additional bathroom directly to the old cleanout if I add an additional cleanout directly above? New soil stack would be independently vented through the roof. Thinking I could simply unthread the plug and start from there with pvc...
  5. tireiron

Help venting small bathroom in basemment

I stand corrected. As nukeman describes if you can connect the shower to the lav drain (within 5 feet) that would wet vent the shower using the lav. Might be able to do that in the small footprint you have.
  6. tireiron

Help venting small bathroom in basemment

Not a pro but this might help. Depending on your code but it should be easy on such a small bath. Run the 3" pipe to your toilet from the main using a y connector (assuming horizontal branch). Branch off using wye or wye combo (rolled?) 2 inch to your lavatory and wet vent the other fixtures...
  7. tireiron

Plumbing two new bathrooms one above the other and then to main stack?

To lower the horizontal waste line from the sink to connect it to the stack do I use a pair of 90s and sani-T or can I use a 45 to a wye? It needs to connect beneath the (3x3x3x2) hub for the WC and shower. It comes in at nearly the same level (just a 1 1/2" below the center line of the WC...
  8. tireiron

Thank you! I'll start tomorrow---and stick with the plan.
  9. tireiron

Great. So just to finish up...the first floor "powder room" venting looks ok? As long as I wet vent the WC with the sink 2" it is ok, correct?
  10. tireiron

I will use the side inlet tee as that is a very short run for the shower and simple. Is there an argument for running the sink waste to a sani-T vs the wye connection after the WC? Maybe as a "better" plan to isolate the WC? I think using the wye on the WC seems simpler to plumb.
  11. tireiron

Thanks! I see you kept the 2" vent on the WC on the second floor (hj indicated it was uneccessary but both of you do not always agree). I can easily keep it. Does the first floor require adding similar venting at the WC or is the wet vent from the sink adequate? Note: I also have planned...
  12. tireiron

Thanks for pointing out the increase to 2" vent from the lav for the wet vent. As indicated by hj I would simplify the design and remove the 2" for the toilet and the "cosmetic" vent on the sink/shower drain, also. Does the venting on the first floor look good?
  13. tireiron

Project photos for reference The projects are in the garage and the bonus room above the garage utilizing a dormer area for a shower. The proposed 3" stack location is firm. The space above the stack in the kneewall is 50 inches tall. I can route it up the rafters to exit above the dormer...
  14. tireiron

Shower connection options? Options: 1.Use a combo sani-T hub 3x3x3x2 (would simplify things). Stack acts as vent for the shower. 2.Use a vented branch to a 3x3x2 sani-t. Venting required for the drop to get below the wc connecting sani-T. 3. Connect shower to lav waste via a Y fitting and...
  15. tireiron

Are you meaning that if the shower's Y is on the horizontal between the WC and the vent it would need its own vent? What I meant was I would go directly to the stack with its own sani-T rather than combine with the horizontal line from the WC/lav. Either stack two sani-T fittings vertically...
  16. tireiron

Using hub t 3x3x3x2 with newer toilets a problem?

Is it acceptable to use a 3X3X3X2 HUB TEE to connect a toilet and shower to a vertical stack? Or do the new toilets flow too agressively for them and possibly send waste into shower?
  17. tireiron

I understand this is not a tutorial site. Too much time last night I guess. I was searching the forum for examples and found someone else's example that was "approved" and modified it by removing bath from first floor bath to match my intentions. Came up with all sorts of monsters. In the...
  18. tireiron

New questions and new drawing Going back to the original drawing to work things out. Thank you hj for steering me away from the albatross.
  19. tireiron

Wondering if adding a vent for the WC before the wye that connects the lav is a good option?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks