Search results

1. catman

SST-60.. Still have iron.

I have not bothered to find the exact answer why, but if I let a glass of reverse osmosis water sit in a glass, the water will form the same little bubbles as in your picture after a few hours. Water out of the faucet does not do this....
  2. catman

Increased hardness pass-through with lower salt settings?

I got it, thanks! I set the unit down to 6lbs/cuft and my wife said something to me about it, not so much a complaint, but she noticed the water was a little different. I noticed a very mild difference myself. I would not say it was earth shattering or even problematic. If i let it go I am...
  3. catman

Troubleshoot/Repair or Replace 10+ year old Hague?

I don't see any point in renting something, I am sure there are some basic tests that will tell you whether silica is the issue or not. Have you talked to your neighbors? At any rate, in my house I ingherited a Hague 23BAQ unit and there is a receipt that it was purchased in 2002. So it is at...
  4. catman

I am not trying to make any assumptions, I am trying to sum up what I think I am being told by everyone. Please let me know your thoughts. I have no proof of anything right now other than what I can gleam from here and the manufacturer. Even the person there had to look in some book and on a...
  5. catman

Thank you Gary, I think there are two different concepts here: 1) The capacity of the resin 2) The "leakage" of the resin based on salt dosage By capacity calculations, everything you state is correct and this is how I bought the system. I intended to slightly oversize the system and use...
  6. catman

Thanks Dittohead, The unit came set at 8lbs per cuft, and I have been pleased with the water quality, so more than likely I'll set it back at 8lbs. It's going to regenerate once per week reagrdless of the salt setting because it is slightly oversized for our needs, plus has a carbon filter in...
  7. catman

Can I drain my water softener in a floor drain?

Chlorine is your enemy in a biological system, not the sodium, potassium, calcium or magnesium. However, a gram of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) will neutralize 1ppm chlorine in 100 gallons of water. So if you were concerned you could easily nuetralize the chlorine, but more than likely it is not...
  8. catman

I was adjusting my softener today and setting it down to 4.5lbs salt per cubic foot to yield 17,000 grains capcity (1cuft resin). I was online verifying that 4.5lbs is indeed 17,000 grains as most charts stop at 6lbs salt and I found these comments below that state the lower salt settings yield...
  9. catman

0.00 ppm Iron. Really?

If it was Lancaster Pumps, the questionaire is lengthy and they ask all sorts of questions, including whether you want recommendations or not. Whether or not Lancaster Pumps feels the system would regenerate every 3-4 days would depend on what your wife put on the form. They told me they shoot...
  10. catman

0.00 ppm Iron. Really?

Your test likely went to Lancaster Pumps. They have an inside lab for this - they tested my water as well for free, I dropped it off myself and spoke to them in person. Mine came back as zero iron, the city data shows an average of 0.03ppm, so effectively this IS zero iron. If you are on city...
  11. catman

Eternal Hybrid Water Heater

So what is an approximate cost of installing one of these eternal units? I would be going from a traditional atmospheric venting tank unit.
  12. catman

Replace all copper pipes in our house?

I think you may be overthinking this. I have a house built in 1890 and in 1989 there was a major remodel, including running new copper pipes throughout the house. Last month I found a wet spot on the floor in our den and a hole in the ceiling above it! I cut a 2'X2' hole and sure enough, a...
  13. catman

Basement Washer Drain - Need help making some decisons on how to best run everything

Got it! Thanks everyone - I think I am getting it, which is why I asked. It's a 2 story house, but the area where the black pipe in the basement would enter into the 2nd floor and roof is behind a closet, so it would not be too problematic to open up if I had to. There are also two 3/4"...
  14. catman

Basement Washer Drain - Need help making some decisons on how to best run everything

This is not 100% clear to me. Are you saying the black pipe looks like it is a drain from above or are you saying that because it is venting fixtures above, I cannot connect to it below those fixtures? If it is the latter, then I would have to run a new vent line up to the first floor and...
  15. catman

Ok, I was guessing there was not a way for me to get the washer to drain up into the existing plumbing near the ceiling as there is not enough room for a proper length standpipe. Let's assume our plumbing codes are the same for the moment. I have entry into the soil stack at 18" off the floor...
  16. catman

Ok, again, sorry for not just waiting until I had some shots. Attached are 3 shots of the basement where the washer is going. I am uncertain of the best way to drain the washer given the situation, whether to try and drain it up into the overhead plumbing or to run new lower plumbing. And...
  17. catman

EDIT: PHOTOS ARE IN POST BELOW: I am installing a new (2nd) washer in my basement. From where the washer sits I am trying to decide on the best way to drain it. It happens to sit directly below an upstairs washer (maybe a foot to the left of it). All water and waste lines and the main soil...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks