Search results

1. RLrobinhood

Water Analysis Help Needed (copper leaching from pipes)

Hi all, I need some help. The water in my mom's house is testing high for copper and leaving blue residue on the fixtures and white clothing when she washes them. The copper is coming from the plumbing inside her house and I'm terrified she wills start developing leaks. My mom's house is on...
  2. RLrobinhood

Service Entry Relocate-wire sizing questions

Hi all, I'm not an electrician, but have done a lot of electrical projects, including upgrading electrical services. So, a project of this size and complexity doesn't scare me. I am the homeowner and live in Wyoming and will be acquiring a permit from the state of Wyoming for this project...
  3. RLrobinhood

Voltage Drop/wire size for service entry

Hi all, Near my house (about 20 feet away), I have a powerpole/transformer. The 200A service entry comes off the transformer, into the meterbase, and then underground where it enters the house. Right now, the powerpole is in need of replacement. The power company (just a general type of...
  4. RLrobinhood

DWV, am I creating unnecessary work????

Hi all, After a question I posted yesterday, I got to thinking about another potential issue that I "may" have. My house is a single story with basement. My sewer line failed and I have replaced it which has then cascaded into a complete remodel. Anyways, I have everything completely opened...
  5. RLrobinhood

DWV Question, relocation of kitchen drain

Hi all, Its been awhile since I've posted. Always a lurker though, lol. Anyways, I had to replace the sewer line between my house and my septic. This project turned into a basement bathroom and adjacent laundry room remodel as well. I had a plumber out and he used a pipe bursting machine to...
  6. RLrobinhood

Basement Wall Insulation and Buildout

Hi all, I'm in the planning stage for finishing off our basement. Right now, its just poured concrete walls and floors. Its an older house with this portion of the basement built in the 50's. The floor is in excellent shape and the walls are in good shape. There is some effloresence in a...
  7. RLrobinhood

Sewage Ejector Pump versus Grinder Pump

Hi all, I'm planning out a basement finish project where a sewage pit will be needed because the exising DWV system is above grade. In this basment finish, the only thing that will be going into the pit is the basement bathroom (seperate shower, seperate bath, lavatory, and toilet). Our...
  8. RLrobinhood

Basement DWV Roughin Layout

Hi all, I've been a lurker here for several years and I gotta say "Thanks"! This webpage and forum has been very helpful over the years. But, I'm about to tackle a plumbing project that I've never done before and need help. The wife and I will be finishing our basement. Right now, it is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks