Search results

1. Dolphin

Terry Love- cancer update

Very sorry to hear this... Terry is such a knowledgeable and helpful guy, its impressive he built this forum to this size and has attracted so many great contributors through the years... My prayers are with Terry and his family
  2. Dolphin

need reccomendations on submersible pump for underground storage tank

Thx Valveman.... I checked with the flex PVC dealer, they claim the 1.25" flex pipe can withstand to 27 in. of Merc. before collapsing, so, way overkill , no reason to jump to 2" flex pipe.... so seems like a sensible plan to make that check valve accessible for service... and, you did not...
  3. Dolphin

Well, that is the size of the booster pump that it would replace...... however, that is no justification for replacing it with the same size.... since everything about this installation has had quirks... as mentioned, there was so many different applications the well house was used for since it...
  4. Dolphin

Thx Valveman...any suggested web sites to buy this 3hp well pump? I have no local suppliers where I am at.. google does not turn up too many 3hp 50 gpm pumps...what is approx. price I should pay?
  5. Dolphin

Thank you Valveman for confirmation..... nice pix, nice approach.... that would work great... In this situation, I think the well pump in the storage tank is prob. best.... could you please reccomend a pump size, brand, based on what I mentioned above? and also, what filter do you suggest I...
  6. Dolphin

I am trying to get a well house up to speed that was poorly designed and maintained. The well pump now feeds a 1700 gal underground storage tank. A booster pump (looks about 3hp to me, no nameplate with specs).... it pumps water from the underground tank into 4 pressurized bladder tanks...
  7. Dolphin

Reccomend electric Valves into 1-1/4" PVC pipe

Thank you for the Jandy recommendation.... these seem ideal, even their check valves... your NSF comment made me curious.... for a small well house, that serves only a max. of 4 residences, do control valves require NSF? I would think not? thanks..
  8. Dolphin

I had already done that... Asco 3way valve was the best I could find, at about $1k price range... two of these make more economic sense...
  9. Dolphin

Thanks for the links and suggestions, much appreciated.... I think I can make a 3 way valve work... agreed, it would simplify.... doesn't appear Irritrol makes a 3way.... any other makers for this application in 3way? thx
  10. Dolphin

I assumed that was the case.... any good source for all these goodies? thx
  11. Dolphin

I want to install some 110V electric valves in my well house project. All the pipe is 1 1/4" PVC, inside well house, 10 deg to 130 deg range of temp in the well house. standard pressures, <80 psi I would like one normally open valve, one normally closed valve... so I can apply the same...
  12. Dolphin

well water, underground plastic tank...can it be pressurized?

Yikes! I did not think about the tank collapsing..... would you leave an underground tank empty? I hear ya on the float, I have can't be sure till I test it.... would you agree with my test procedure....also, typically, what type of floats are used in these underground storage tanks?
  13. Dolphin

Maybe I am confused on the role of the pressure switch..... the Press switch is on the bladder loop..... it turns the well pump on/off...the well pump (as currently valved) pressurizes this bladder loop. All works well. Currently, as mentioned, the underground storage will remain empty...
  14. Dolphin

OK, worked all day re plumbing, and yes, the installer reversed the "fill" and "suction" pipes in the well house.... emptied all 1700 gallons in the underground storage tank, into water truck.... my suspicion was right about that ridiculous error..... So the two wires coming up from the...
  15. Dolphin

Valveman.... agreed.... my guess is.... the booster pump was a means to increase flow rate to a large fill hose, 3" diameter, that filled a water truck. (no longer used) But its so under-sized, it does not serve much benefit even for that purpose. Although my game plan is worked out...
  16. Dolphin

Spent some time at the well house..... a few more questions ... The well pump pressurizes the 4 bladder tanks in about 5 minutes.... more than acceptable. I think for now, that will represent the "total system" in use.... Now, the problems... As suggested above, its prob. best to empty...
  17. Dolphin

OK, I assumed so, but u know what happens when one ASSumes :-) been burnt too many times with assumptions Thx for confirmation...
  18. Dolphin

Valveman, I fully agree.... I am pretty confident the well pump is sufficient... I will investigate that in the next day or two... Assuming it is, should there be a check valve on the outlet side of the well pump, to prevent pressurized water going back down the well, when the well pump is...
  19. Dolphin

thanks guys for sharing your knowledge and thoughts.... Yes, the water demand is very low, it will prob. remain that way for the foreseeable future.... as VAWD suggests in his post...the four 60 gallon pressurized tanks is more than sufficient for the next several years. I do NOT have...
  20. Dolphin

Hi all, great forum... I have just taken over a property with a new well system. It services 4 residential properties, just being finished. I have general plumbing knowledge, but never worked on a well system... I was trying to grasp the well design...I think its improperly controlled and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks