Search results

1. Rocklin662

New CSV install

My sand seems to come and go. After pumping 5000 gallons into the pool, it seems to have cleared. So I do not really know.
  2. Rocklin662

New CSV install

Yes it is 20 GPM Pentair, but I do not know the model. Will find out and post next week.
  3. Rocklin662

New CSV install

Pentair P43B0020A2 motor, chart shows service factor is 12.2 amps.
  4. Rocklin662

New CSV install

I use emonTX to collect and an emonPI board on a Raspberry Pi single board computer running Emoncms. That data is sent to the home automation platform Home Assistant. So far just have some graphs in Home Assistant.
  5. Rocklin662

New CSV install

After some adjustments to how the sprinkles run. At 5 am measured 9.2 amps with Fluke 87 and i410 clamp. My estimate for the 4:15 time is 8.1 amps.
  6. Rocklin662

New CSV install

Irrigation starts at 4 AM. Quite a few less cycles with the CSV. Zones 3 and 4 can be combined to run at the same time. Not sure about 5 and 6. Maybe I will recheck the CSV settings at 2 GPM. The motor current on the graphs is not yet calibrated or verified. Before CSV: With CSV...
  7. Rocklin662

New CSV install

Actually had to change some pool water due to too much CYA and too little rain over the winter. Since I did that the sand seems to be mostly gone. But it seems to come and go.
  8. Rocklin662

New CSV install

Well info: Pump 2 HP 20 GPM Drop Pipe 1 1/4' schedule 80 Static Water 125' Well Depth 197' Pump:180 180'
  9. Rocklin662

New CSV install

Sometimes get some black sand. My homemade sand trap.
  10. Rocklin662

New CSV install

Did my CSV valve install today. Went pretty well. The instructions that came with the valve were concise and easy to follow. The large tank is now shut off. Going to build a stand for the new small tank so the inlet faces down. I get some black sand and do not want to fill the tank. 24...
  11. Rocklin662

Intelligent monitoring for pump conditions: what is available?

I ended up going with a couple emonTX's and a emonPi from here. I will alert on a few thresholds from this data. Pump running over a certain amount of time and also maybe greater than x number of cycles between 20:00 and 04:00 but will have to account for the water softener recharge water usage...
  12. Rocklin662

Intelligent monitoring for pump conditions: what is available?

How computer savvy are you? Your post gave me an idea. I have a couple current sensors I was thinking of putting in my main electric panel at home, but there is not a lot of room in my panel to get these over the main inputs. I could put these on either the well power feed wires or on the...
  13. Rocklin662

Overload trips about once a week.

Got both capacitors for $26. Been good for a month. Thanks for the help.
  14. Rocklin662

Did a bit of testing today. Using Min/Max on Fluke 87 meter reading as follows. Line voltage dropped from 241.4 VAC to 234 VAC when the pump turned on. I would have expected the current on the red (start) conductor to go higher. Both capacitors appear to be open. The run capacitor is in a...
  15. Rocklin662

In the past three weeks the overload on the bottom left of the motor control has tripped while someone was taking a shower. It is a 2hp submersible pump on 2" ? pipe in a 6" well casing. About 2 feet of the casing are sticking out of the ground and the pump control box is mounted on top of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks