Search results

1. DeeAnn

I want to properly vent a remodeled basement bath

Ok. Is there any danger to cutting a notch into the footing? I'm thinking no because you're advising it and it would be a very small section of footing.
  2. DeeAnn

Yes, thanks for catching that. I didn't have a spare wye so I laid a sani-t in there for the picture. :)
  3. DeeAnn

Wow, that is great! Thank you so much for all the time you've taken to help me. I wish I had read your reply before I broke up more concrete (I feel like I'm getting really good at that). Here's what I did, but it looks like it would be easier to do it the way you drew it. I'm going to run...
  4. DeeAnn

Thank you very much for the diagram. It is really helpful. The only thing I'm confused about is that the vent has to run horizontal under the shower pan to get clear of it before it runs vertical. I am running a 2" vent up behind the existing stack, but I have to get the vent from the trap to...
  5. DeeAnn

Ok, so I think I have to replace the sani-t in the picture with a wye, but otherwise does this look like it will work?
  6. DeeAnn

Yes, thanks. The red line running up next to the stack is a new 2" vent. I'll tie it in upstairs 6" above the overflow level of the sink, which is my highest fixture. I might actually connect it even higher since I'll be going thru a wall that has a wallpaper border about halfway up.
  7. DeeAnn

I'm thinking it would just be easier for me to turn the shower trap 90* toward the stack and run a vent to the wall, then up. The only problem I see is getting my 90* fitting over the footing. I'm afraid it will be in the way of the shower pan. Can I run the shower vent to the new 2" vent...
  8. DeeAnn

Ok, so let me see if I have this right. I need to vent the toilet, which isn't a problem. I must run the lav and shower vents vertically for 42" before I can run them horizontally, then I can connect them and run them to the 2" vent next to the stack. I should tie it all into the stack 6"...
  9. DeeAnn

Hello, guys. I've spent a lot of time reading the posts on your forum and your adviced seems really top notch. I need help with properly venting a basement bath. There was a wc & sink that were tied directly into the main drain. Neither were vented. We are moving the fixtures and adding a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks