Search results

1. CurbYourEnthusiasm

60,000 vs 80,000 BTU furnace

I have a very old oil furnace.
  2. CurbYourEnthusiasm

60,000 vs 80,000 BTU furnace

One contractor offered a 2 stage 80,000 gas furnace and when I asked him (the other quotations I have are for a 2 stage 60,000 gas furnace) why he said: "The furnace that we are going to install will run most of the time on low fire, which is around 50,000 BTU's. We recommend this furnace over...
  3. CurbYourEnthusiasm

Is Carrier 59MN7A060 a modulating furnace?

Thank you for the answers. I called Carrier (yes, this is how I spend the day after Christmas :)) and they confirmed that I would need the control to make the furnace ‘modulate’. The 1st CSR could not answer to my question so I was transferred to a senior CSR who in fact read from the product...
  4. CurbYourEnthusiasm

Is Carrier 59MN7A060 a modulating furnace?

I would like to install a Carrier furnace: 59MN7A060V17-14. The product brochure says ‘Fully Modulating Gas Valve — When paired with the Infinity control, this furnace improves comfort by adjusting heating output in 1% increments from 40% to 100% capacity to meet the heating needs of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks