Search results

1. TSGarp007

Water Softener with Hot Water Recirc Pump

Hey everyone! I have a GE GXMH31H water softener installed prior to my house potable entrance line. I just bought a Watts 500800 hot water recirc system. I have become concerned about the possibility of water flowing backwards into my water softener. Some people online are saying that this...
  2. TSGarp007

Install new water softener loop

I have a single story northeast Florida (Saint Johns County) home on a slab foundation built in 2003. I'm a bit shocked, but I have been unable to locate a main water shutoff valve anywhere on the house or on the outside perimeter of the house. Shouldn't that be required? Also, to my dismay...
  3. TSGarp007

Water heater (and A/C drain line) installation review

This is in an apartment to condo conversion 2nd floor unit (Florida). Built in 1994, I bought it as a condo conversion in 2004. Unfortunately at the time I last lived in this unit (2007) my DIY and homeowner maintenance knowledge was no higher than being able to change a door knob or hang a...
  4. TSGarp007

Neet advice on replacing old shower plumbing

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help. I nearly completely gutted my "master" bath recently (shower floor and walls removed to studs). I'm looking to replace my old two handle system with a new one handle that will last a long time, and move the shower head over a couple inches. I...
  5. TSGarp007

Rusted threaded end of drain pipe under sink

I just posted about a shutoff valve in my bathroom. This post is about the drain pipe for the sink in the same bathroom. It is metal, (cast iron?, rusted galvanized?). When I removed the old sink and plumbing, it revealed this pipe end (linked photo here). It is rusted on the end with the...
  6. TSGarp007

Replacing shutoff valve (toilet supply) on metal pipe

First post here from a new home owner, thanks in advance for any responses. I am on to my second bathroom redo, this one is giving me some pause. When I tried to shutoff the water supply to the toilet, I was initially dismayed at finding that the valve handle was plastic. Then I was further...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks