Search results

1. Sincraft

Black mold ??

For whatever reason, there is an excessive amount of black mold that is above the water line of all of our toilets and, on the shower heads. Of all the places that I've lived, I have never seen this what so ever. And I've lived in some old run down damp dumps when I was younger... We have...
  2. Sincraft

Shower in the basement, do I dare?

Seems like every task I take on, gets more complicated. This time, I'm adding a bedroom to a large portion of our finished basement. :( We already have a half bath (toilet/sink) there. I'm assuming it was done correctly as every model of this house in our plan has the same half bath...
  3. Sincraft

broken water supply to washer - I stripped the threads! Brand new!

I'm such an idiot. I had a new washer and dryer shipped to me, but the delivery guys tracked a TON of mud onto my carpet going downstairs. Instead of letting them hook it up, I was pissed and threw them out. When I say a ton I mean, it took me 3 hours to clean the carpets and I still have a...
  4. Sincraft

Pipe burst! CPVC, to prime or NOT to prime? What went wrong?

Had a pipe burst in the ceiling of our finished basement. 7/8" cpvc. From the coupling to about 1cm outward into the pipe. The coupling did not fail, the pipe failed. Inside the pipe the crack looks bigger than the outside. Very hairline but enough to POUR water into the room Thankfully the...
  5. Sincraft

Sterling Shower melted?

Has anyone seen or heard or know what I can do here? I have a Sterling shower that I installed a month or so ago, drywalled - painted - put shower doors in etc and today decided to clean the thing to finally use it. Prior to installing the shower, I noticed that on one wall, there was a...
  6. Sincraft

Heat Loss Analysis Calculation?

I've been looking and search but haven't found a good calculation system online. I used to have one but nuked my favorites in a big cleaning spree. Does anyone have any links available?
  7. Sincraft

Copper to Brass with Teflon

Started a new thread as, it is a new issue and I figure it best for those using the SEACH button at the top, which has helped me BIGTIME in the past. I recently botched a job soldering copper to brass. I don't think it got hot enough to melt the solder correctly and thus I had my first...
  8. Sincraft

Delta Valve, can I drill it?

I recently installed a delta shower valve for a shower I'm putting in. It FAILED the water test (pinhole leak) so after searching as I've never had a faulty solder joint, I figured it best to disassemble it completely and start over as resoldering never holds apparently. So I have TWO...
  9. Sincraft

Light above the shower..

I have a light and a fan over my toilet right now but I am considering combining and moving or at least moving the light over the shower area. There is a GFI outlet near the sink but the electric going to the fan and the light is tied into another circuit. Should I tap into the GFI with a...
  10. Sincraft

Low flow Woes...Suggestions?

Last year I remodeled one of our bathrooms and am going to attack the last bathroom of 3 to finish this place. I put in a nice Delta tub spout and shower head combo, a nice tub with caulkless walls and a nice clear sterling and nickel door. Tiled the floor with real Italian marble, and matched...
  11. Sincraft

What furnace should we get?

Ok, need some expert (and possibly amateur) advice here! We have been 'thinking' of changing out our furnace for a few years now. We moved into this place, a townhouse with shared walls on both sides, but out 1400 sq townhouse utilizes about $300-350 in gas bills per month during the coldest...
  12. Sincraft

Sterling/Kohler Shower Doors -Horrible experience

Case anyone looks here for the average home owner diy plumber/contractor's advice, here is mine regarding Sterling shower doors. I purchased the 5300 series door to fit their tub. Looking at the instructions, I notice I have a 5400 set of instructions. However, things just don't look right...
  13. Sincraft

Powder Room SMELLS!

I recently remodeled our powder room. Marble tile on backer board, wainescotting walls, crown molding - nice vanity and a kohler toilet (nice one). In the past couple of weeks, I have been noticing a ... stale urine smell or at least a musty odor. I don't know how to describe it. I also want...
  14. Sincraft

Sterling shower / bathtub installation issues!

Ok I labeled my post in order to get some search engine pickups for those looking to resolve the same troubles. I should have come here first but....I'm an idiot. Keeping the whole idiot thing in mind, I need help. I have a 5 x 8 bathroom with the bathtub / shower at the one end between...
  15. Sincraft

Toilet Flange and New Marble Tile...

Greetings all, first time poster...long time lurker.. Please excuse me if this has been posted before, I searched but somehow didn't hit my situation. My project: I am remodeling a powder room. Completely gutted everything, including the walls. Redrywalled everything, painted (one more...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks