Search results

1. Sincraft

Black mold ??

For whatever reason, there is an excessive amount of black mold that is above the water line of all of our toilets and, on the shower heads. Of all the places that I've lived, I have never seen this what so ever. And I've lived in some old run down damp dumps when I was younger... We have...
  2. Sincraft

Shower in the basement, do I dare?

Seems like every task I take on, gets more complicated. This time, I'm adding a bedroom to a large portion of our finished basement. :( We already have a half bath (toilet/sink) there. I'm assuming it was done correctly as every model of this house in our plan has the same half bath...
  3. Sincraft

broken water supply to washer - I stripped the threads! Brand new!

Thanks Terry, I've learned alot from your forums. These are by far the most popular Plumbing forums on the internet. That's a pretty amazing thing to boast! I would recommend you start generating some ad revenue bucks! :) That said, many people on here have been great over the past few...
  4. Sincraft

nice! Well, I have many canned lights, bar lights and hall lights for a total of 2100 watts of peak power. Strange though, when the breaker trips , it is when all the lights are on...and there is something running with a heating element or a fan or anything else drawing a lot of power from the...
  5. Sincraft

I think the connectors are all part of the entire unit. :( Brand new LG front load washer. Rated very high with great reviews online, except very CHEAP plastic inlet valves with no meat to them. At least my last ones were some sort of fiberous nylon vs this cheap plastic. Worse, its the...
  6. Sincraft

I'm such an idiot. I had a new washer and dryer shipped to me, but the delivery guys tracked a TON of mud onto my carpet going downstairs. Instead of letting them hook it up, I was pissed and threw them out. When I say a ton I mean, it took me 3 hours to clean the carpets and I still have a...
  7. Sincraft

Pipe burst! CPVC, to prime or NOT to prime? What went wrong?

wow thanks guys. Sounds like the big box guy that said he knew lots and lots and lots about plumbing really didn't know squat. Probably the reason why he was at the big box store? I know they don't pay all that well, or at least nowhere near the potential good plumber who has a good back office...
  8. Sincraft

ok well then how about the proper layup of this product, CPVC?
  9. Sincraft

hmm, still doesn't really answer my question thanks though. Your comments are inline with what I've been reading, no clean answer on this. I suppose this is why I believe this stuff should be banned. Questions like "well what kinda of CPVC are you using" "previous plastic pipe failed and was...
  10. Sincraft

Had a pipe burst in the ceiling of our finished basement. 7/8" cpvc. From the coupling to about 1cm outward into the pipe. The coupling did not fail, the pipe failed. Inside the pipe the crack looks bigger than the outside. Very hairline but enough to POUR water into the room Thankfully the...
  11. Sincraft

Tub Leak causes problem with downstairs ceiling - What To Do?

First Fault: Person who installed tub with no subfloor, or person who authorized this to occur (the builder). How in god's name is the tub supported? And is your downstairs neighbor just a piece of drywall away ? there isn't a separation or sound barrier? This doesn't sound right unless...
  12. Sincraft

Bathfitter, Anyone ever use Bathfitter?

Honestly, I would go see one personally before you make the commitment. Get a quote for a Sterling product, then get a quote for a retro fit system. Personally, for the ones I had seen - I couldn't tell immediately they were retrofitted systems, but then after further inspection it was...
  13. Sincraft

Sporadic Shower Leak

I'm sure you checked this and you say it's a good bit, but I had that problem prior to remodeling our bathroom, I replaced all the pipe under the tub and hope that it wasn't after that (IE have to rip out ceiling to repair it) however, long ago when I lived at home with my parents we had this...
  14. Sincraft

Chip and scratch in new Maax tub

Let me tell you a short story. I installed a kohler shower pan and tri wall system. Afterwards, I pulled the warning stickers off then went to work with the rest of the bathroom. I then a few later, went to clean the entire bathroom for prep to use. Started with hot water and a sponge to...
  15. Sincraft

leaky bath tub faucet

Take it from experience, don't let a strong arm landlord keep you from making him fix it. Don't hold back rent either. Both are against the law in ALL states. Tell him, then send him a certified letter in mail. yes this will piss him off and he will try to kick you out lol, but you plan on...
  16. Sincraft

What to do with tub/shower

If you are planning on selling, I would seriously think about removing that nasty metal trim...replace the hardware and put a shower door on the tub after it is properly and completely cleaned. You have a big expensive project there. Tub drains, plumbing access, tear out and replacement...
  17. Sincraft

Kohler Bathtub, clogs every two months

Tell the long hairs to cut their hair and quit brushing their hair in the shower! Yes, same problem here. Don't use a snake as it's all in the drain area. If this were not a pop up, I would suggest that maybe your pull style drain was not all the way open / not properly setup and...
  18. Sincraft

Shower pan with no mortar support

That mortar idea is probably a bad one. Look at another pan that is identical to yours, there are usually fins and pegs. The pegs sit on the ground and the fins are for structural support. The fins will block the mortar from flowing, not to mention...probably most of it will NOT make it...
  19. Sincraft

Sterling Shower melted?

Semi resolved. Called. Kohler was very cool about things but told me that the sticker which mentioned what chemicals I could use was VERY WRONG and should not have been placed on there.. Sent to Tech support after tier 1 support. Tech support stated that tier 1 support didn't know what...
  20. Sincraft

Sterling Shower melted?

Has anyone seen or heard or know what I can do here? I have a Sterling shower that I installed a month or so ago, drywalled - painted - put shower doors in etc and today decided to clean the thing to finally use it. Prior to installing the shower, I noticed that on one wall, there was a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks