Search results

1. Mathelo

Seeking Well Water Treatment Recommendations - Water Softener and more

Turns out I purchased the wrong test (Full Radiation Water Test) for Radon although still useful for knowing Gross Alpha/Beta activity levels, which are high at 37.9/33.6 pCi/L. I've now order a "Radon Water Test". Based on my Radon air test, I'll be surprised if this comes in below 50,000 pCi/L.
  2. Mathelo

Thank you for your reply. First, I'd like to do this myself but I may decide otherwise given all the requirements. Undecided at this point. I was aware that Clack restricted distribution but I was under the impression that they are available with different brand names as OEM. I guess I need...
  3. Mathelo

Did I post this in the wrong place? Doesn't look like anyone has even looked at this?
  4. Mathelo

Also had the air tested for Radon. Came in at 8.4 pCi/L
  5. Mathelo

Got my Radon report back. Much as I expected. :( Gross Alpha Activity 37.9 pCi/L Gross Beta Activity 33.6 pCi/L
  6. Mathelo

I've been in the same house in Connecticut with the same well for many years and haven't take my well water quality seriously until very recently. I'm spurred into action by what I believe is an iron bacteria problem - red slime on whole house filter - and red stains on sinks, tubs, toilets...
  7. Mathelo

Soldering No Lead Brass Question

That's the plan. Looking to use Oatey H20 95 Tinning Flux or Nokorode Aqua Flux with Canfield Water Safe Lead-Free Solder
  8. Mathelo

Thanks. That's helpful.
  9. Mathelo

I did see that. A helpful video but you are right. It doesn't directly answer my question. Hopefully some of the more experienced here can help. Thanks! Louis
  10. Mathelo

I have a ProPex no lead 3/4" brass fitting that I'd like to solder to no lead 3/4" cast copper elbow. Both of these pieces are heavy guage and I'm wondering if I'm just asking for trouble. Would I be better off with a piece of copper pipe in between? Thanks!
  11. Mathelo

Rough-in Side Wall Before or After Installing Alcove Tub

If I install the tub as I was originally thinking I wouldn't put up the third wall until I had the tub installed. This third wall will include the plumbing fixtures. I intend to make sure the subfloor is flat and put steel plate - or something similar - where the four feet will rest. I know...
  12. Mathelo

On the other hand, I just took a look at the installation instructions from Toto for this 1525 tub and they specifically say NOT to support the tub by the rim. Now I'm confused. :( "WARNING: Do not support the bathtub by the rim. Provide adequate support under the bathtub feet." I suppose...
  13. Mathelo

So I think I've answered my question. I've done a bit more research and I see the recommended approach for installing an alcove tub requires a ledger board. It would be kind of hard to install a ledger board if all three walls aren't in place so I'm pretty sure that means I need to complete...
  14. Mathelo

I'm remodeling our hallway bath and I've gutted it to the studs including removing the partition wall for the alcove tub. It seems to me it would be easier to install my new cast iron tub (400 lbs) before I install this partition wall. This is the wall that the plumbing fixtures will be...
  15. Mathelo

Do I have a leak? Pressure lost on PEX Test

Found the leak. Inserted a hose washer and double taped. Holding now.
  16. Mathelo

I've not yet had a chance to check this out more carefully. Will have to wait until the weekend but it is still losing pressure. So either I find a proper Schrader valve cap or I put a proper shutoff at the gauge. First step will be some soap. Louis
  17. Mathelo

Yea, that is my suspicion. Guess I need to include a proper shutoff in line.
  18. Mathelo

Yes, I think that is my next test.
  19. Mathelo

This is just a rough-in so there are no valves yet other than the air test gauge with a schrader value on it to fill and measure pressure. The ends are all capped with EP plug fittings and Uponor bands. There is only a single EP T fitting in the PEX. PEX is 3/4" with a 1/2" branch. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks