Search results

1. Dmwesq

Nest Thermostat Power Supply and Boiler Problem

My plumber has suggested switching to Honeywell - I assume those are compatible?
  2. Dmwesq

Seems the root of the problem was the wiring diagram in the instructions that came with the power connector were incorrect. Google sent different instructions to me during support call. Their support is horrible and at the same time all of this was going on my Nest Learning Thermostat crapped...
  3. Dmwesq

I am not even sure I can fully express the issue I am having but I will try. A few days ago one of my 20+ year old zone valves had to be replaced by my plumber. The new valve apparently needs a c wire for the thermostat to work. My older valves did not require a c wire for heat only thermostats...
  4. Dmwesq

New Lav Faucet Issues

Thanks - that would certainly address the flow issue. How about the water not coming on until handles are turned almost 1/2 way?
  5. Dmwesq

New Lav Faucet Issues

I just installed a new Delta Kayra two handle wideset bathroom faucet. I am having two issues. Issue #1 is the water pressure seems somewhat less than the faucet it replaced. There is still ample pressure and perhaps this model just has less overall pressure, or perhaps the pressure is less...
  6. Dmwesq

Hot Water Heater Mixing Valve or Not

I'm having my 38 gallon Bradford White HWH replaced Monday (under warranty). I am contemplating having the plumber install a thermostatic mixing valve at that time. I have a friend who says I shouldn't add the valve because it adds a level of annual maintenance to the HWH. Just wondering what...
  7. Dmwesq

Toilet Hissing Even Though Water Turned Off

My mother in law had a plumber over today to work on her American Standard toilet. He replaced the fill valve, and then tested the water pressure and said it was reading over 100 psi when it should be about 60 psi. He then replaced the pressure valve on the main water line. I got a late night...
  8. Dmwesq

Lost screw in toilet

Wet vac didn't help, so I have to assume the nut is gone. Hope I can find a replacement.
  9. Dmwesq

Lost screw in toilet

I was disassembling the flush valve in a Toto Supreme toilet to replace the gasket, and one of the heavy nuts that hold the screws to the valve fell off and appears to have gone down the toilet (no pun intended). The other one fell off and stayed right in place, but the other one is nowhere to...
  10. Dmwesq

Delta 17 Multichoice Disassembly

I had watched that video, but the cap just easily popped off in it. I had also watched some other very detailed video where the cap also popped right off.
  11. Dmwesq

Delta 17 Multichoice Disassembly

I need to take apart a Delta 17 Multichoice shower control, and from the videos I have seen the first step after turning off the water is to pull of the front cap. I have played with it as much as I can but it won't come off. I don't want to end up breaking it, but am I missing something?
  12. Dmwesq

Venting Multiple Fans

Fantec makes a remote fan motor designed to be able to duct multiple rooms, and may be a better solution to your problem. Could you explain this a little? Are you suggesting replacing the 2 existing fans? They are new top of the line Panasonic fans and I would hate to discard them. Or is this...
  13. Dmwesq

Venting Multiple Fans

I have 2 Panasonic fans with 4 inch ducts, which re both venting through flexible venting into a non-flexible 3 inch duct pipe out of the side of the house. In addition, one of the two fans is somehow missing the plastic damper, but to replace that I would need the entire damper assembly...
  14. Dmwesq

Crown BWC Error Message

My Crown BWC151 boiler keeps showing an error message of E19 - according to the panel it means return water temperature is too high. My plumber who installed the boiler 3 years ago has been at my house 4 days in a row and can't figure out the problem. We had a similar issue about a year or so...
  15. Dmwesq

Panasonic Bath Fan Wiring

Thanks, but that didn't really answer my question. I want all the functions of the fan - the question is simply how to wire it if possible into an existing 3 gang setup, replacing the existing single rockers with dual or triple rockers where necessary, and allowing for the fact that the...
  16. Dmwesq

Panasonic Bath Fan Wiring

I have a new Panasonic Whisper Green fan, model FV-08VKSL4 (an interesting side note when you call Panasonic they only have instructions for SL3). I wasn't expecting the wiring to be as complicated as it seems, but I am a little stumped. I was hoping to be able to put this fan in without adding...
  17. Dmwesq

Toto Supreme E Max Leaking?

Well, this toilet is still causing problems, and finally got around to have some time to play with it today. Ended up having a plumber friend come over as well. Still seems the problem is from either the flapper - which now has the Korky 3060 in there, or the flapper seat, which I tightened down...
  18. Dmwesq

Thanks for the info. Rather than take any chances, I replaced the fill valve and the flapper with Korky products mentioned in this thread. Seems to be working - will monitor for a day or so, but hopefully problem is taken care of. While it might have been the flapper alone, for another $10 I...
  19. Dmwesq

Finally got around to addressing this problem. The tank was definitely leaking - the water was way down today inside the tank. I took out the screen - it looks pretty clean to me. I also don't see much of a problem with the flapper, but obviously it isn't keeping water in the tank. I also have...
  20. Dmwesq

Will check all these methods as soon as I can. Perhaps their phones were down for a while - I dialed both their regular and 888 number correctly several times with not in service message - ended up getting through to one of their regional centers who gave me a direct email address - which so far...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks