Search results

1. Freddie

Whole house Carbon Filter

Ok I seem to have run into a snag. If I bleed drinking water off after the carbon and before the softener I end up with 23 gpg drinking water which is equivalent to about 390 ppm of Ca. They say anything over 100 ppm makes the water taste "funny"...more chalky. I'm almost 4 times that level...
  2. Freddie

Water Softener Efficiency

Obviously the longer time in between regenerations means less wear on the valve. Is there any other benefits to longer times? Is water usage on regeneration lessened at all?
  3. Freddie

Don't know if they include gravel but they both are metered.
  4. Freddie

The water is city water, 23 gpg and max 100 gallons per day (there is only 2 of us).
  5. Freddie

Thx Bannerman. That is what I thought. Now I have 2 models that basically have very similar specs except that one of them says the SER is 4,000 while the other one say 3,333. One uses Fleck 5810 valve and the other one Clack WS1. Same 10% cross-linked resin. If everything is equal is there...
  6. Freddie

Hi, Trying to compare 2 water softeners. One is using a Clack WS1 valve and claims 3,333 Softener Efficiency Rating. The second one is using a FLeck 5810sxt valve and is claiming 4,000 softener efficiency. Is this possible? Can the valve really affect the efficiency rating? Is there...
  7. Freddie

Yup I was thinking a tank version but was going to look into the cost differences over say 10 years. Not getting all that younger and trying to empty the carbon tank is much much harder than flipping the cartridges.
  8. Freddie

It's Chlorine. Otherwise the rest of the setup looks good?
  9. Freddie

Thx Dittohead, So here's my total plan.... Bring in hard, highly chlorinated City water and feed my outside hoses with it for lawn and garden. After the hose junction feed the rest into a carbon filter. On the outlet of the carbon filter run a line to the Kitchen sink drinking water line and...
  10. Freddie

I'm thinking of adding a carbon filter to remove chlorine at the inlet of my house. Is there any concern over not having any chlorine in the house water system with the potential for bacterial growth? Say in toilet tanks and faucets, showerheads, etc. where air comes in contact with the...
  11. Freddie

Bathtub Installation - Leveling

Thx Jadnashua. Yeah wasn't clear about where I was going to do it. Over the area of the feet not just the feet them selves to make it easier to plop down. That was my original plan. The legs are about 3.5 to 3.75" long so that would mean a pile of around 4" of mortar over about 6 sq. ft. if I...
  12. Freddie

Bathtub Installation - Leveling

I'm renovating my bathroom and have already removed everything, updated the plumbing, replaced the OSB flooring with 3/4" plywood, etc.. I have the tub ready for installation and the drain/ overflow plumbing is done...on the tub but not yet connected to the trap. You can see by the above...
  13. Freddie

Shower mixing valve and diverter in one

Thanks Jim, I'll check it out. BTW you are correct on the valve. The larger handle controls the flow to either #1 or #2 as it diverts it.
  14. Freddie

Shower mixing valve and diverter in one

Hi, I'm looking for a combination shower mixing valve and diverter in one piece. I found the Riobel PFTQ23C valve that does it but it is quite expensive. Does anyone know if Moen or Delta might carry something like this? Here's the link to the Riobel valve...
  15. Freddie

ShowerGuard from Guardian?

Hi Jim, Have your thoughts on shower coatings changed? Seems like you are saying that the chemically bonded appear to be the best. Do you still think a coating of some kind is generally needed? We will try our best to squeegee the shower glass but over time I'm sure we may get a bit more...
  16. Freddie

Minimum wax ring thickness

Jim, How good are these waxless seals? At Lowe's near me they have one made by Fernco.
  17. Freddie

Terry, How do you then stop the wax from getting into the drain?
  18. Freddie

Thanks Terry, Doesn't the horn help prevent the wax from oozing into the drain pipe or am I a bit confused? Given the amount of compression on the wax I'd think I would want some protection from oozing into the pipe.
  19. Freddie

Got a question concerning the installation of the AS Studio toilet. The toilet flange is mounted on top of the finished floor and the flange is 7/16" thick or 7/16†above the floor. When I measured the toilet, it has only 5/8" space underneath for this flange and the wax gasket. This means...
  20. Freddie

Do I have the proper thinsets?

Floor tile: 12” x 24” porcelain tile Patch floor spaces between plywood, caulk around perimeter of wall, dam around drain holes in floor and at door to bathroom. Install floor heating. Apply primer to floor and then self level flooring to cover floor heating. Use a non-modified thinset on top...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks