Search results

1. kenwalkerconst

Opinions on what to do with house with low voltage lighting setup

These sound like GE RR7 relays. Latching relays that us a LV momentary contact switch to control them. 24 Volts control if I remember right but the relays are full 20A 120V capable. Any MOMENTARY switch could be use but you will need both on / off contacts...
  2. kenwalkerconst

Derating Confusion

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question in the first place but the two line legs of 110V carry the current and have a canceling effect with the neutral carrying the imbalance. Think about you service entrance cable, TWO line legs with ONE neutral. Theoretically if you could balance both line...
  3. kenwalkerconst

water smells like sewer water

I'm a new construction builder and not a plumber. Sadly I had resent experence with houses sitting unsold. Over time the water will sour especially in the hot water system ( tank ? ) and I've had to run 100's of gallons through these homes before it clears. You tell me, I don't know but I've had...
  4. kenwalkerconst

Need a professional plumbers opinion

You said; Without a "ferrule" it would have failed "immediately". Because my plumber at the time has been force to terminate his company / insurance, my insurance is forced to fill the gap and they said; "The evidence supports that there was likely a high pressure event that prompted the...
  5. kenwalkerconst

Well pump failure and electrical question. 1/2hp Goulds pump

I'm a homebuilder with electrical design background and happen to have a deep well system. Elect: Somebody above talked about starting amps, a motor at start is "lock rotor" until they start spinning and according to the motor / load have about 6X amps for that fraction of a second droping to...
  6. kenwalkerconst

Thank you Mike and HJ, I might have given too much information. With a standard shut-off valve for pex piping ( the failure was at the shut-off valve ) could this connection a) stay together without a ferrule for 3 years or b) not leak under normal regulated 55 -75 PSI for the same 3 years...
  7. kenwalkerconst

Being a non-plumber I said plastic, it was a pex line to the dishwasher. They took a phone deposition from me and I talked about what I saw and simply said that when you push house pressure to above 150 PSI something will pop and the DW supply line was just the weakest link, I just now received...
  8. kenwalkerconst

Did have a PRV installed that is what I assumed failed due to both WH'er pop-off "popping" off. "question is would it be covered now if he did the work when the policy was active? Dunno" Good question and I asked, and no they don't cover after cancellation even when it was done under...
  9. kenwalkerconst

I'm a builder in Alabama, my plumber of 15 years contacted ALS and was forced to close his business and cancel his insurance back in 2010. One of the last jobs he did for me was an upper scale house completed Jan 2009. Feb 2012 I received a call that the dishwasher supply line had flooded the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks