Search results

1. brewdesign

Toilet wet vent under IPC

Thank you again HJ. I didn't realize that the section in question could be horizontal but that makes sense. I ran that 2" vent section up at a 45 because I originally intended for it to be a dry vent. I later realized it could be converted to a wet vent to simplify the lav routing that would...
  2. brewdesign

It is drawn poorly. The branch rises at 45 degrees before going vertical. Thanks for the responses.
  3. brewdesign

I've looked through quite a few threads looking for specifics on using a wet vent on a toilet arm under IPC. From what I can tell, IPC lists no specific toilet vent requirement. In the attached drawing, a 2nd floor bathroom group is draining into a new 3" stack. The stack runs down to the main...
  4. brewdesign

Add a level, plumbing master bath

Let me try to answer the points you raised, regarding the floor joists, they are significantly over sized with 2x12 @ 16" OC spanning only 12'. I oversized from 2x10 because I knew there would be drilling and notching (not to exceed code requirements). I agree that things are convoluted due to...
  5. brewdesign

Thank you HJ. The roof vent is 3". There will be mulitple vents converging in the attic to this one 3" roof penetration and they will exceed 7 square inches in area. Also, I posted additional questions in another post here: You just answered one of the questions I posted. I don't see a...
  6. brewdesign

Wet vent stack diameter reduction The existing 3" wet vent stack serving one main floor bathroom group needs to run up an additional story (new 2nd story addition). For easier routing, is there a reason why the stack can't be reduced to 2" above the upper most waste inlet as long as the total...
  7. brewdesign

cutting and patching a lower square in my basement concrete slab for treadmill

Run the treadmill parallel to main level floor joists then cut out and box in one bay which should give you a minimum of 7 1/4" extra headroom (if empty, 2x8 construction). This would hurt the resale value less than a damp pit a potential buyer has to fill in.
  8. brewdesign

How can I keep these wall decals from falling off my wall?

Clean with soap and water, let dry.
  9. brewdesign

Plaster tips

V out the cracks with a utility knife until you reach gypsum board or lath. Clean crack with wet sponge then fill with brown bag setting compound.
  10. brewdesign

Does running Furnace cause Tankless Water Heater to not heat water ???

FWIW, I teed the incoming 1" service line immediately after the gas meter to feed my 140K btu water heater in the detached garage (used for heat) and ran the parallel 1" line to feed the house furnace, water heater and appliances. There are charts that give maximum BTU output by pipe size and...
  11. brewdesign

Since there aren't replies does this mean i haven't done anything horribly wrong?
  12. brewdesign

Here's the scenario. The house is a 2 bedroom 1 bath ranch with a massive add-a-level additon. The addition extends out the back (kitchen) on the main floor and the second story covers the entire main floor. The completed house nealy triples the house size. The new upstairs contains 3...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks