Search results

1. Mrbeing123

Install gas furnace inline with existing heat pump package unit.

I am in the heart of an area where natural gas is really cheap. We have countless natural gas fields in the area. Residential gas rate here right now is not much more than a $1/CCF! I think it is less than that actually. I'm not so interested in a dual-fuel system. But I am interested in having...
  2. Mrbeing123

Install gas furnace inline with existing heat pump package unit.

Let me try to be as clear as possible. I have a relatively new package heat pump installed on my house. At the time it was installed, a natural gas main extension would have been $30k. Now it is slowly rolling out on my street and has become cheaper, but still not free. I understand that I could...
  3. Mrbeing123

Do the new remote read water meters have a leak tell tale?

So sorry. Hadn't checked back here in a while. See the attached pic.
  4. Mrbeing123

Do the new remote read water meters have a leak tell tale?

My water meter looks kinda similar. On mine, if you lift the little hinged cover, you see a digital display. You have to shine a light onto it to activate it though if it's not sunny outside. My water meter sweats in the ground and at first glance, may appear to be leaking. I couldn't imagine it...
  5. Mrbeing123

Experience with "off brand" mini splits?

My boss had bought a 1.5 ton ymgi split heat pump on **** and had it installed at the office. The listing said it has a name brand compressor. (Mitsubishi or Sanyo iirc). The outside unit looks of real good quality. Almost unbelievably quiet. The air handler unit on the other hand looks and...
  6. Mrbeing123

Heat kit wire whip sizing.

I'm only asking because I would like to understand.
  7. Mrbeing123

Please excuse the way I wrote that. By 8/2 I was meaning 2 individual thhn wires in the conduit and not nm cable. ie. the whip as a whole would contain 2 conductors. I have a question. Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be allowed to use the 90c column if the terminations on the disconnect were...
  8. Mrbeing123

Could someone please tell me if I am correct, or please correct me if I'm wrong. -3.5 ton Heat Pump Package unit -1 10kw heat strip -100 amp appliance disconnect next to unit The unit needs two feeds off the disconnect. -1 22.2A(MCA: 26.2/MOP: 40) for compressor and air handler portion...
  9. Mrbeing123

Looking for a creative (and pet friendly) plumber

Or better yet, just leave the lid off the back of the toilet. That way you don't have to do a darn thing
  10. Mrbeing123

Looking for a creative (and pet friendly) plumber

Depending on how simple your existing unit is, it probably depends on the vacuum created in the water bottle to not overfill (kind of like the 5 gallon tank top water coolers do). Is it the looks of the unit you have now that you like? Would the second one you show connected to the garden hose...
  11. Mrbeing123

Spigot to ice chest

I can try to help. We uses these a lot for drums, hoppers and tanks where I work (oil/gas chemical blending company). Might want to check the miniature ones but I see there are no gaskets on it. With these, you would then have a female threaded fitting, where you could add whatever plumbing too...
  12. Mrbeing123

Fuses getting very hot in Fusebox

Check with your state or other local AHJD. There are rights given to tenants with regards to safety of the dwelling. Your first step would be to WRITE a letter stating the disrepair, make a copy for your records and mail it registered to the landlord. Now you have proof that he knows of it. Then...
  13. Mrbeing123

Heat pump service disconnect

#2 Cu is rated at 115a per table 310-16. #2 al 75c is rated for 90a. or am I missing something?
  14. Mrbeing123

Heat pump service disconnect

The package heat pump in question require two circuits. Is it usual for an electrician to run one circuit large enough to run both to a loadcenter by the package unit and then take two branch circuits off of there? And then use this load center as the equipment's service disconnect? If I...
  15. Mrbeing123

Kohler Roman tub faucet identification

I agree with yall. I bought this at a time when my money was worth far more than my time, but that has changed. The original plan was to strip, buff and relaquer the whole thing. Change all the seals. I have access to a full machine shop, so can easily one-off parts if needed. Now, looks aside...
  16. Mrbeing123

Though still curious as to the age of this faucet, after taking it apart, the wear seals were run of the mill flat round rubber seals. And the stem used compression packing. So after a cleanup, should look and be as good as new. Thanks
  17. Mrbeing123

Was wondering if anyone could help me identify this roman tub faucet. I bought it on **** a long time ago hoping to replace all the seals in it and use it on my tub. It is a very substantial piece weighing in at just over 14 pounds. I see no markings other than 27C stamped on the body. Thanks in...
  18. Mrbeing123

Tub drain Venting

I am using the descriptions all my references and code book says. I understand it's a bit more complicated than just making it 2x the pipe diameter. Though my education is mechanical engineering, fluid statics, dynamics, and kinematics were all part of the program but I really fought it tooth...
  19. Mrbeing123

Tub drain Venting

Thanks Terry, I now understand what you said. Makes a lot of sense now. Haha yes. lots of open crawls here on old and new houses. Makes for fun work in the rain.
  20. Mrbeing123

Tub drain Venting

Thank for replying. The lav and the washer are vented each individually and reconnect to main 3" vent in attic. The toilet is vented through the main vent which is close enough for 3" pipe. I know my drawing is terrible, but just to clarify if I understand what you said.. Assuming I make the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks