Search results

1. meselffff

need help estimating some tile work

HJ, You're Awesome! Thank you! I've posted this request to three different forums assuming the same thing would happen that happens in IT forums, people exchange and share knowledge and methods and they focus on the questions without trying to evaluate the emotional worthiness or competence...
  2. meselffff

You know what Doug, I am really struggling to maintain a polite composure with you. How can you even pretend to write software if you can't even keep track of a few points previously covered on a brief thread like this? All I can do is try to ignore you and maybe the thread will somehow...
  3. meselffff

Yes, thank you. But this case, it would be helpful if somebody could share their input about working times for the tasks I listed above. The customer is buying the materials. I will remember to state that if they want me to pick up, that is not included. I usually work by the hour and have...
  4. meselffff

Hello. A customer who I have worked for in the past has requested an estimate for some tile work. I have done some tub surrounds and floors in the past but not enough to develop a feel for working up a fair estimate because I really don't know how may hours it took me in the past due to...
  5. meselffff

I don't know if this is ok or not, but I am going to try to transfer this over to the remodeling forum. If that's not ok, please delete this one for me.
  6. meselffff

Software developer, I'm going to try to keep this polite. But since I could really use some help from somebody with experience pricing out tile work I need to try to move this thread back on topic. So may I please add in the following points for clarity: 1] I already know how to show up on...
  7. meselffff

Hello. A customer who I have worked for in the past has requested an estimate for some tile work. I have done some tub surrounds and floors in the past but not enough to develop a feel for working up a fair estimate because I really don't know how may hours it took me in the past due to mixing...
  8. meselffff

Flange Too Tall

Depending on the geometry of the specific toilet that goes over the flange, if you do happen to end up with a rocking toilet and if other suggestions don't resolve the problem, you might try this: 1) Procure some sanded grout that matches the grout on your floor. 2) Clean the underside edge of...
  9. meselffff

Has anybody ordered or seen a Swanklids replacement toilet tank lid?

Yep. A customer of mine has one of them. It's a good fit to the tank. Eye catchy item. Looks pretty sharp.
  10. meselffff

Am I supposed to use a metal washer inside the tank or not?

I know this isn't a professional recommendation. But I have run into too many defective tanks and bowls that just want to drip at the bolt holes or the fill hole washer. When this happens, it tends to be incorrect curvatures. Maybe one of the bolt holes are too close to the bottom corner of...
  11. meselffff

New Toilet Flange, Stone Slab Floor

>> "Is there a tool that can give me a clean hole through the slab? " << You might try a 4" angle grinder with a concrete wheel on it. Stuffing wet rags against the nearby area and keeping them wet might be a good idea to prevent overheating, which can cause some stone products to crack when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks