Search results

1. Bobabuoy

Pressure drops to zero

I have a submersible well pump connected to my 40 gallon bladder tank that is set to 30-50psi. After using a large amount of water (a few volumes of the bladder tank), my pressure drops to zero and I dont have any water. It seems as if my pump shuts off. The contacts on the pressure switch...
  2. Bobabuoy

Square D Pressure Switch

The pressure switch's from Square D are sold in either 20-40, 30-50, and 40-60psi ratings. Could I take my 30-50psi and just keep turning the screws until I get a 40-60psi cut-in/cut-out pressure? Will this damage the pressure switch or shorten its lifetime? Thanks.
  3. Bobabuoy

Pump Ground Wire

I have a three wire sumbersible pump. I can see the red, yellow and black wires coming up from the well, but I don't see any green ground wire. Is this safe? Should there be a ground wire coming up to the motor control box?
  4. Bobabuoy

Tank Size

Thanks. That's great. I can definitely do that to measure the flow rate. I don't think I would have been able to get the pump out of the well without causing a huge headache. Do installers ever write the pump information somewhere visible? Maybe inside the well cap? Thanks
  5. Bobabuoy

Tank Size

I have recently been upgrading the plumbing on my house and now feel it is necessary to replace my water tank. Currently the water tank is in a pit under my house which is currently leaking from one of the galvanized pipes. The tank is practically inaccessible, and is in a totally unsanitary...
  6. Bobabuoy

Type of well - submersible or jet?

What size tank do you use with the Smart Tee?
  7. Bobabuoy

Any recommendations on tank manufacturers, brands, etc? I don't know what the GPM on my submersible is, so would I just be better getting a larger tank? Do I have to chlorinate once I have changed the tank?
  8. Bobabuoy

If I divert the incoming water line from well and run it to a new tank in the utility room, is there a certain size tank that I should get depending on the submersible pump I have? If so, how can determine what I need. Also - If I put in the new tank, pressure switch, etc - do I need to...
  9. Bobabuoy

I am guessing that if that jet pump was still operating, when the pressure switch turned it on, I would be able to hear it operate. If in fact it is no longer used, would I be able to divert the incoming water line from the well and run it to a new tank in my utility room?
  10. Bobabuoy

I have the actual well in the backyard with an electrical box on the top/side, but in my water tank pit in the crawl space, there is also what looks like some sort of pump that stands vertically, adjacent to the tank. I don't know if this is still used, or if it is no longer working, etc. The...
  11. Bobabuoy

I just purchased a house run off a well. I don't know the condition of the well tank, but it doesn't look good. It is in a 6' deep pit under the house. How do I determine whether my well is a submersible or a jet pump? I would like to disconnect the existing tank in the pit and put a new one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks