Search results

1. rnsmithtldiy

Commercial installation vs DIY (replacing existing IQ-0820 system)

Reach4- That did it -- I got the table you are talking about. It will take me a little while to figure it out. As you can see by my posts (the lack of frequency) that I am slowing down and will not likely be doing much more on this until after Thanksgiving. But I am not finished yet and will...
  2. rnsmithtldiy

Reach4, Gary, and Others - I haven't abandoned you, just got sidetracked with updating my Prescription Drug Plans for 2014 as well as beginning to search for medical insurance, since IBM is kicking all of their retirees out of their group coverage, giving us some money and telling us to go find...
  3. rnsmithtldiy

Gary, I don't think I worded my last post very well. From your response, which I understand, what I was trying to say is: if 15 lbs/cu ft is the max salt dosage for 1 cu ft, 11.25 lbs of salt would be the max salt dosage for .75 cu ft of resin. So my 22.5 lbs of salt in my 7.5 gal of water...
  4. rnsmithtldiy

I haven't mastered the gain business yet, but I think the grains are what they are for right now and will fall in place with the other calculations -- but can be used to determine salt dosage efficiency later. OK, based on the .25 gpm spec on the brine fill line and a 30 minute Fill time, I...
  5. rnsmithtldiy

And here I thought all I had left to do was just change the Brine Refill time -- silly me. OK, Reach4, you have definitely got me in over my head now. I did look through the Densities of Saturated Solutions by the Geological Survey guys, and I think I will set that one aside for now, at...
  6. rnsmithtldiy

Reach4- Thanks for trying to help me out here. It is amazing that there isn't more of a layman's explanation about this subject (max salt saturation, how long to saturate, etc,). I have seen several references to 26% being the salt saturation point for salt in water, but it didn't/doesn't...
  7. rnsmithtldiy

OK, I am getting closer, I guess. Regarding your comments, I guess going by the .25 gal/min Brine Fill rate x 30 minutes, I must have 7.5 gallons going into the Brine tank -- and at 3 lbs per gallon, that is 22.5 lbs of salt per Regeneration -- and that does sound like a lot. So what should it...
  8. rnsmithtldiy

Gary, Thanks. I understand the math. .25 gal/min x 30 min = 7.5 gal .75 lbs salt/min x 30 min = 22.5 lbs salt 22.5 lbs salt / 7.5 gal = 3 lbs salt/gal I get everything except the .75 lbs salt/min -- when it is just water going back into the brine tank for 30 min (i.e. how did they come up...
  9. rnsmithtldiy

OK, Gary -- sorry if that was confusing. I thought all of these dials were probably the same -- each hole/mark on the dial representing 2 minutes. OK, so here it is again, from the hole marked "0" on the dial (same pin/hole count without the numbers): no holes 6 pins 30 holes 6 pins 15 holes...
  10. rnsmithtldiy

Gary, thanks for helping with this. Yes-Yes-Yes, I found the stickers you have been asking about. It was where you said, at the joint where the brine line is connected to the control valve. But first, a confession (surprised you or someone didn't jump me about it). When I converted cu in to...
  11. rnsmithtldiy

Gary, Thanks - you are way ahead of me -- I was going to ask for help in attacking the salt concentration and efficiency business next now that we have determined that my controller may not be broken after all. Thanks for telling me specifically what you needed. I will try to get that...
  12. rnsmithtldiy

Gary- The good news for me is your opening statement: "sounds like it is working like it should". OK, I don't want to keep filling up the brine tank either (although I thought that to be a temporary fix if something was broken) -- I just did that to see if I could trace what was going on. So...
  13. rnsmithtldiy

Gary- Well something happened overnight. I "think" the system went through regeneration because the water and salt levels are different this morning. The following changes are noted: - Water counter is back to its beginning point at 1400 (from 0) - Water level in the brine tank is about 3...
  14. rnsmithtldiy

OK, Gary, tonight is the night. It's after midnight now and will likely be 1 am or later by the time I finish this note. The water used dial is setting at "0", which I was hoping means that the regeneration cycle should happen tonight. I will check it just before I go to bed, but will not...
  15. rnsmithtldiy

God Dittohead, what is going on with these systems where a simple (at least it sounds simple to me) adapter ring will not work -- but thanks for that info. I assumed that the people/hardness settings were somehow turned into a salt saturation regeneration equation -- and you could only guess...
  16. rnsmithtldiy

Reach4- Yeah, you noticed that too didn't you. I sent a note to our Utility Dept. yesterday asking if they could get me the iron content. Monica (who has given me good support in the past) got back with me saying she is going to work on getting me this information, but will be out tomorrow...
  17. rnsmithtldiy

Reach4- Thanks for helping out. Yes, you can tell I am confused about all of this. When I opened up the drain line used during the back wash cycle, that had to make a big difference, at least in my mind. I am hoping that by the time I get through with all of this, I will "really" understand...
  18. rnsmithtldiy

Dittohead- Thanks -- this is the kind of information that I need -- stuff that I can not find anywhere else on the web, at least so far. I did not measure to the top of the dome -- the 42 inches are to a little below where the dome starts. I know/think the calculation of 1.22 cu ft inside the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks