Search results

1. mreece

2nd toilet overflows when it shouldn't

Following up ... I've had the septic guys in and we/they found that that tank is full and not draining as fast as it should be. (They pumped it out and ran a snake through the main line into the house and found no obstruction.) So, it seems as if there must be an obstruction between the tank...
  2. mreece

I should also mention that I am in the country and on private water (well) and sewer. What is the next step, assuming it is a main line backup? Thanks!
  3. mreece

Hi, I have a split-entry house with a full bath upstairs and a half bath and laundry downstairs. Lately--it's happened twice now!--I've noticed that when the washing machine is draining and the upstairs toilet is flushed at the same time, the downstairs toilet overflows all over the floor...
  4. mreece

Help: slip-on tub spout

Thanks for this. I will be working on it again tomorrow and see what happens. I am glad that you said that the adapter isn't normally separated from spout like that. However, the adapter seems to be "stuck" on the tubing pretty good. I think there is some scoring ... just enough to make sliding...
  5. mreece

Help: tub surround and caulk

Hi folks, Thanks for replying. I will keep an eye on the latex caulk and see what happens. Worse case scenario is that I will have to re-caulk it again I guess. I am very conscious of the fact that the old caulk needs to be removed before any new caulk goes on. I really appreciate the new...
  6. mreece

Help: slip-on tub spout

Hi Everyone, I'm working on installing a new tub and shower faucet set. I had someone doing some work for me while I was away, but he left it partially unfinished. My question is related to the slip-on tub spout and the white plastic adapter that fits it to the 1/2" copper pipe protruding...
  7. mreece

Help: tub surround and caulk

Hi Everyone, I have been doing some digging around the site but haven't found exactly what I need to know, so I'll ask ... (by the way, I'm a new member as of 20 minutes ago) ... I am installing a 5-piece plastic tub wall/surround kit in my bathroom. I've got everything up, and glued in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks