Search results

1. ByteMe

Please help me decide...softener

Hi IRON, why no hardness? At that level of iron, guessing you need a chlorine injection/holding tank/ backwashing carbon filter followed by a softener. As per your water test, that about 3.5 gpm?
  2. ByteMe

Bitter odor only after softener.

Yea, weird. Usually by now, a few experts would have posted. Did you shower today?
  3. ByteMe

Help with DIY Water Softener + Chlorine System

You don't want to mix medias in the same tank, unless using something like a media guard setup. Suggest 2 tanks; one a backwashing carbon filter and then the softener.
  4. ByteMe

Need new softener design. Take a look! NSFW

Thanks Gary, you confirmed my thinking.
  5. ByteMe

Bitter odor only after softener.

Interesting to see what causes this, others here should help you get this solved soon.
  6. ByteMe

Help with DIY Water Softener + Chlorine System

Hmmmmm, family of 5 with 4 bathrooms. Any high flow fixtures? I think you need to size for SFR (service flow rate) verses total hardness grain removal capacity. Just guessing, but maybe like 16gpm? I think that is more like a 3 cuft (96k) system. And I agree, a Fleck 7000 or clack WS are the...
  7. ByteMe

Advise to remove a Flex control from tank and conversion from WS to Sediment Filter

You listed 200 gpd of useage/ 120' of head , 600' distance and have 2 HP pumps? What am I missing?!? The pumps seem to be oversized. I should look up the charts for pressure loss.... Still seems oversized. You ever use the amp meter to get current useage?
  8. ByteMe

Sweet! , around here, they call that hillbilly ingenuity.
  9. ByteMe

Resin spilling out at backwash cycle in Culligan WS

Yes, my RO had a booster pump, Aquatech 8800 if I remember correctly. I did not change the flow restrictor, I think it was 3 to one, wasn't enough water to concern me. No "backwash" with my RO. I have read that the average human gets less than .1% (point one percent) of some of the minerals...
  10. ByteMe

Tighten hard to not leak?!? Shouldn't need to be that tight. Suggest looking for defects in plastic and use a new o-ring. I use to run a RO unit at 115psi, with barely finger tight.
  11. ByteMe

First, good job on stopping the resin leakage. "If a csv is set at 50 psi, the water pressure before the cvs and outside of the pump is high once you restrict its flow. With the pump impeller rotating without being able to push out the water, the rpm could be slower and making the pump and...
  12. ByteMe

" a system with csv couldn’t deliver efficiently" Please define what you mean by this. The situation you describe is exactly where a CSV is good. Please understand that a water pump that is restricted down in output will use LESS electricity. Variable speed water pumps are not nearly as...
  13. ByteMe

Hmmm, instead of having such a large pressure tank (capacity), ever think of using a CSV (cycle stop valve) ?
  14. ByteMe

Water Softner or Iron Filter?

Looks like low hardness and low iron. I am guessing that this is the fairly rare situation where a softener would work well.... Size to backwash every 4 or so days. Edit; to not confuse, I am guessing
  15. ByteMe

What if you have sulfur AND chlorine?
  16. ByteMe

Fleck 7000

Not being familiar with the 7000 programming. Is there any chance that it is set to pre brine fill before the draw? Just a WAG.
  17. ByteMe

Fleck 7000

Don't worry, there are a number of experts on here (not me) that will help you get it all straightened out.
  18. ByteMe

Fleck 7000

It is alabaster not white, sorry. ;)
  19. ByteMe

Complete system details wanted; pump sizes, tank sizes, line size, all filters. This is of course, if you want. I think it would be interesting to re-engineer your whole system. Water test also.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks