Search results

1. DaddyLogan

Completely Puzzled...The drip from nowhere?

Solution found: It turned out a combo on the drain. The drain before had only silicon to seal it and then today it was discovered that there was no seal at all on the underside of the tub...so when I would shower the mass of water hitting the drain was minimal and the leak would not be severe...
  2. DaddyLogan

Hi Terry, Now we are making sense here!!! I have not checked the overflow washer behind the wall. If I do replace it does fat end go up or down. I think fat end down would make most sense...maybe? Yes...your last suggestion is one I thought of. The threaded nipple for the spout. What if it is...
  3. DaddyLogan

The cold valve was fine so I kept it. I did replace the o-ring washer that sits against the seat though and put a new seat in for the cold. You might be right on cutting open that drywall. That will be naturally last resort. peace out, daddylogan
  4. DaddyLogan

Ok....I pointed out I have two issues. Problem 1) My spout on my tub is always wet at the end and drips some water like every 3-4 minutes. I call the drain lip where the drain in the tub sits and there is a slight downwards grade to it. I probably am using the wrong terminology. Anyhow, I...
  5. DaddyLogan

Hi guys- As much as I appreciate all your answers here - as it takes your time, I have a feeling nobody is reading my entire original post. I have replaced ALL of the seats and replaced 2 of the valves (Hot water and diverter) with brand new ones and put a new seating o-ring on the cold water...
  6. DaddyLogan

Hi Reach4 and thank you for your reply but I think you misunderstood my post. I never said anything about 1/2 inch pipe thread except for the possibility that the tub nipple might be leaking behind the wall at the joint. The parts I replaced were the shower valves and diverter and trust me, I...
  7. DaddyLogan

Hi folks...been a while since I been here but I have an issue that is eating me up. I will start with a summary and then go back what lead up to everything. Basically I have a very small drip right now coming out of my tub spout. The water forms a slight puddle around the drain lip in the tub...
  8. DaddyLogan

HELP! Kitchen Sink Draining Slow...Can't Find Clog

Thanks Terry!!!! peace out, daddylogan
  9. DaddyLogan

Resolution: Had my main kitchen pipe snaked and there was a grease clog about 7-10 ft in. All clear. I also asked the plumber about my setup underneath the sink and he said since my sink is mounted in an island, that it is a "self-venting" system and that is why the pipe loops off to the left...
  10. DaddyLogan

Toilet Never Stops Running....

As I promised, an update after complete resolution. First of all Redwood's suggestion was the correct one. I gave the new seal a good spin or two and bingo...I felt it adjust itself in the lip like it should be. I thought I had it seated correctly but the "spin" is the trick for sure. After that...
  11. DaddyLogan

Yes, I liked the ease of the install on the fill valve...thank you! However I did look at the Korky flush valves with flapper and none of them look like my setup. Mine looks like no flapper...just the straight up and down type...guess some call it the "Mansfield"? So I would assume I have to buy...
  12. DaddyLogan

Yeah, I did. Ran my fingers all around and underneath...nothing. I knew this would not go perfect!!!! LOL...Looks like a full rebuild on the tank parts now. Live and learn I suppose. Thanks for all your help ;-) peace out, daddylogan
  13. DaddyLogan

Ok...decided to keep it simple today. Save the turn off valve for another day. Right now I just want to get rid of the leaky-running toilet. However I have not good news to report. Here is what I did. I believe I have a Mansfield so first thing after clearing out the old fill valve was to...
  14. DaddyLogan

Thanks jadnashua!!! I think I have it all memorized now on the procedures. Have the toilet apart right now to put in the new fill valve and new flush valve seal. What a mess...it is like someone poured ink in the tank once I got the fill valve loose (I guess this is from old black rubber...
  15. DaddyLogan

Hows this!!! ;-) peace out, daddylogan
  16. DaddyLogan

Ok...went and got my Korky 528 (thanks wjcandee) and I got a new flush valve ring. Those should be easy enough even for this beginner. However I have some confusion over replacing the angle valve. I told the guy a Lowe's I wanted to replace it and showed him the above pic on my cell phone. He...
  17. DaddyLogan

So can the flush valve be replaced without removing the tank? I have watched YouTube videos on how to replace the fill valve (which when I looked in the tank today it seems the noise is coming from that) and that seems straight forward enough but that flush valve looks tricky. My tank is most...
  18. DaddyLogan

Thank you very much for the response! I am green when it comes to this plumbing stuff so what seal are you talking about and where is is located? Is the seal part of the fill valve? I also thought most toilets have a flapper but mine looks like it has something different that opens when the...
  19. DaddyLogan

Sorry I wasn't more descriptive hj. Basically the toilet sounds like it is "trickling" all the time and I believe the water is leaking into the bowl because I can see the water moving inside the bowl while it is making noise. Then sometimes it makes a bubbling sound along with the trickling...
  20. DaddyLogan

The pipe branching off to left just seems to make a huge circle!!!! No kidding. At the bottom of the picture where it branches off to the left, it circles up behind the disposal and right back into the top of the drain line. That looked odd to me too but it has been working fine for over a year...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks