Search results

1. zx6e

can I make a PEX drain with a 3/4" tee fitting, and a 3/4" Pex to CTS fitting and a 3/4" brass plug?

Thanks for your quick reply. Is that a better route to go? The current brass plug is what I use to currently drain the system for work on it.
  2. zx6e

can I make a PEX drain with a 3/4" tee fitting, and a 3/4" Pex to CTS fitting and a 3/4" brass plug?

Can I make a PEX drain with a 3/4" tee fitting, and a 1/2" Pex to CTS fitting and a 1/2" brass plug? I've had about the 13th leak with original Class 'M' 1980 copper and totally over it (or rather my water is). Doing complete PEX replacement and using copper crimp ring style and brass fittings...
  3. zx6e

New bathroom venting questions - w diagram

You're right. Doesn't have to be ugly. Since I think I'm stuck here I'll strive to make my vent hidden with custom covered with shelving etc... Probably have to resort to something like this latest plan, with exposed vent inside of room wall. Unless there's some other way I don't know about.
  4. zx6e

Pulling wallboard wasnt what I'd jump to do but I would if there was a decent way. Unfortunately, where this wall was placed, at end of dormered garage space but also bolted into a smaller roofed porch, and particularly because I have a double 2 x 10 roof rafter running exactly over the 2x4 wall...
  5. zx6e

Thanks for suggestion. Trying to avoid digging into the main left to right wall the sink is on. About the only way I can think to vent lav doing that is: A) have exposed 2" vent pipe inside of bathroom showing. B) have vent in wall but elbow it out into room up about 6 feet off the ground to get...
  6. zx6e

Thought I had read 42" somewhere. My headache here is back then. Don't really have a way to do it in mind besides an exposed 2" pipe in the room. That should look fetching.
  7. zx6e

Hmmm. So that kind of sounds like I would need to have all horizontal vent tubes 6" min above, say the upper rim of the lav / sink then? That could makes things tougher.
  8. zx6e

And here is another version that could tie in the additional sink that could go in one day. Not sure if there's any way to tie that all into one vent that goes through roof. My biggest concern is getting the main bath vented and drained right. The other sink is really just gravy if I can plan it...
  9. zx6e

Thanks HJ for response and Kiton for the photoshop efforts!! Cool. So, I've done another version again. I deleted the purple left vent option as it was confusing. I basically added a vertical vent tube after the shower P trap and think it could tie into around the lav vent area. If this IS...
  10. zx6e

Hi Terry and HJ. Thank you for responses. The wall behind the lav is a miniature nightmare. I redrafted a version of venting here: I guess the idea would be if I have to do something horiz / vert vent wise right behind / next to lav I'd best run it horizontal OUTSIDE the wall itself yes...
  11. zx6e

Thanks for response. Hmmm. I don't know plumbing venting much at all. Almost nothing. I have seen in my own home, the venting is pretty wacky and more or less something like this. I have one vent for the whole house, a full bath and kitchen sink and all fixtures are nowhere near 6 feet or less...
  12. zx6e

Hello forum! I have a question or a few questions about venting best explained with attached diagram. For a new 9' x 3.5' full bath. There was a 3" main drain built into this space over garage with dormer roof and that's all. Looking to add in a shower, sink and toilet. Planning 2" drain for...
  13. zx6e

Connect toilet directly over main drain. 3" clearance under subfloor to top of drain.

Thanks HJ: So basically if I read your comment correctly, I might change what you said to "I'm moving the wall under the right hand eave 'upward' ". Does that make sense? In the bottom two illustrations, essentially what I'd like to do is cut a new 32" door on the middle 'east' (the way...
  14. zx6e

Connect toilet directly over main drain. 3" clearance under subfloor to top of drain.

Not quite sure I get it. So are you saying vent has to be highest spot in drain system? And yet I have to have a vent near toilet before anything upstream? So does that mean I need two vents? The vent goes 'up' in the building, and above the floor level a foot or so I guess is where the kitchen...
  15. zx6e

Thanks! Here's more info and pics Thanks guys! It's nice to have some of the forum heavies weigh in. Honestly I kind of confused myself with those posts, and had to get back to my laptop with the InDesign files... So including and looking at them now, if you see in the corner of the...
  16. zx6e

Anyone with a suggestion how to do this? Here's a diagram of what i am talking about and what I want to do - have the WC directly above the current main drain. With only 3" empty space above drain pipe.
  17. zx6e

Hi I've checked out this site for almost a year here and there and finally joined today. I've searched a lot for an answer to this but the Q is pretty specific. (and more to come no doubt). Goal: Move toilet 8" or up to 10" into existing bathroom so I can move the wall in the matching needed 8"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks