Search results

1. Smithtb

oil boiler conversion to gas

My apologies, I'm new to this forum. I must've misread somewhere, I though this was a DIY forum for people trying to do things themself and understand how to solve their own problems. I was speaking in generalities for simplicity - I thought that was understood. Obviously if you live in an...
  2. Smithtb

oil boiler conversion to gas

Adding up the amount of baseboard in a house is beneficial to determine the maximum size of boiler needed if you don't want to go adding baseboard. If your house heats to your satisfaction now, no need to have a boiler that puts out more heat than you baseboard will emit. As far as heat load...
  3. Smithtb

Circulator pump running continually

In most systems the circ will run anytime there is a call for heat. The question is, is the boiler shutting off at the max temp of 115f or not. If it is, its a limit or control setting. If not, its a mxing valve, circulation, or undersized boiler problem.
  4. Smithtb

I found this idea interesting on how to preheat water before it enters indirect

Don't forget, that 20KBTU you're talking about is energy that would be normally going up the stack. I won't say free heat, but the colder return water is pulling heat off the exhaust and forming condensate, not necessairly making the burner ramp up. And if you've seen as many modcons as I have...
  5. Smithtb

I found this idea interesting on how to preheat water before it enters indirect

Ok, i'm no engineer, but i have to weigh in here. It seems to me this is a pretty good way to increase the efficiency of a modcon boiler. Obviously the payoff is questionable - as with all high efficiency appliances. Low return temps are the holy grail of modcon efficciency - going from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks