Search results

1. CityKid

Gas fired boiler

Hello all, I usually keep the water level in the glass tube at 3/4. That's where the fill line is. But now, the glass tube is completely full. I drain the boiler for a while but the tube does not empty but rather the low water level light goes on (so not to run the boiler without water)...
  2. CityKid

Connecting two radiators

Hello all, I am planning on redoing the bathroom. When I do I'm be installing radiant heating. (Probably electric, but that's beside the point.) When I do I'll be removing the cast iron, one pipe radiator. Our bedroom was an add-on and they really mis judged the heating. (vaulted ceiling, not...
  3. CityKid

Disconnecting well

My home was connected to a well, it is now serviced by the town. But the pipes from the well are still connected to the home water supply. There is a motor (pump?), steel tank (holding tank?), and piping that disappears underground. I would like to disconnect the well piping from the house...
  4. CityKid

Another bathroom clog question

Second floor, one toilet, one sink and one bathtub/shower. The toilet has no problem but the sink drains very slowly and some water comes up out of the bathtub drain. I snaked the tub drain pretty far... then bam, couldn't go any further, no matter how hard I tried. I'd snake the sink but...
  5. CityKid

Replacing supply lines

Hello all, I am replacing a washing machine in the basement and am unable to shut off the hot water line. The valve by the WM just will not stop the flow. But there is no other shutoff between here and the hot water tank. Now I obviously need to shut off the water to cut into the lines...
  6. CityKid

Greywater usage

Okay, opinions everyone. The thought of using wasing machine waste water, grey water, to use watering landscape instead of dumping it into the sewer or septic tank.
  7. CityKid

Washing Machine drain

I would like to put a plastic trap attached to this stack for the WM to use (where that small hose enters). Is there a neoprene gasket to connect PVC to cast iron? The small hose going into the stack is from the previous owner. Doesn't seem correct. Is my idea okay? Any and all opinions...
  8. CityKid

How crazy is this? (Drain)

See the main stack that makes basically a cross? Directly above the main waste is a toilet. Now notice the white PVC that is tee'd off to it? That was/is a washing machine drain. My question is can this be a problem of any waste from the toilet getting into the WM drain? The water in...
  9. CityKid

Replacing valve question

I plan on replacing all the valves in my house with ball valves. A project to last quite a while, no rush. My question is do you/would you cut the pipe or just heat up the pipe to soften the solder and remove the old valves. Clean up the pipes and replace with new, better valves.
  10. CityKid

Tub dripping

The tub faucet is dripping. The top two are for the shower as you can see. And I have the cold handle off. But what am to change in there?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks