Search results

1. CityKid

Gas fired boiler

Hello all, I usually keep the water level in the glass tube at 3/4. That's where the fill line is. But now, the glass tube is completely full. I drain the boiler for a while but the tube does not empty but rather the low water level light goes on (so not to run the boiler without water)...
  2. CityKid

Connecting two radiators

Hello all, I am planning on redoing the bathroom. When I do I'm be installing radiant heating. (Probably electric, but that's beside the point.) When I do I'll be removing the cast iron, one pipe radiator. Our bedroom was an add-on and they really mis judged the heating. (vaulted ceiling, not...
  3. CityKid

Disconnecting well

My home was connected to a well, it is now serviced by the town. But the pipes from the well are still connected to the home water supply. There is a motor (pump?), steel tank (holding tank?), and piping that disappears underground. I would like to disconnect the well piping from the house...
  4. CityKid

Another bathroom clog question

Second floor, one toilet, one sink and one bathtub/shower. The toilet has no problem but the sink drains very slowly and some water comes up out of the bathtub drain. I snaked the tub drain pretty far... then bam, couldn't go any further, no matter how hard I tried. I'd snake the sink but...
  5. CityKid

Need to install Washing Machine in old basement

But the washer pumps out the water. I doubt the dehumidifier does the same. Unless you have the dehumidifier higher than the drain. I say this after I have poured out the second 5 gallon bucket of water from my own today. :p
  6. CityKid

Need to install Washing Machine in old basement

I just finished doing pretty much what you want to do. I'll try to get a picture up. Use 2" pipe instead of 1.5" and also, my washer stated to use a standpipe (the upright pipe the washer drains into) of at least 30" high.
  7. CityKid

DWV cleanout plugs weeping & test plug blowout during water test

What is the difference between a Fernco coupling and a banded coupling. Dosen't both have bands to tighten?
  8. CityKid

Leak between CI hub and Fernco donut...

I am going throught the same thing and the donut won't hold well. I am planning to switch to a 6.5" x 4" no-hub coupling. I was going to ask why didn't you go this route insead of all that work but then saw your last post. I really don't want to have to do that.
  9. CityKid

Washing Machine drain

Yeah, but if I relocate the trap by the water outlets, instead of where it is now in the pictures, can I keep the 'crap' water from getting into the trap? I couldn't have two traps right?
  10. CityKid

Washing Machine drain

That pipe is just temporary. I was planning on using a piece about 30-34" high. All that pvc is 2".
  11. CityKid

Washing Machine drain

Almost done Hey everyone, one last question for you all. The white PVC is not glued, so I can still re-arrange it. Can I extend the drain further towards the back of the WM, near the water supply? I ask because the toilet above that leads straight into that stack makes the water in the pvc...
  12. CityKid

Washing Machine drain

No other fixtures on this level (the basement). All others are drains from above (two sinks & a toilet).
  13. CityKid

Replacing supply lines

Ahh, to finally understand. You guys are the best, thank you.
  14. CityKid

Replacing supply lines

Well, that is my question. How to keep water out of the hot water lines. Do I need to completely empty the hot water heater? Thanks for the responses.
  15. CityKid

Replacing supply lines

So turn off the cold water supply to the heater, drain some water out of it, open up a hot water faucet soemwhere in the house (for pressure), and that will stop the hot water from coming out of the hot water tank? I was also thinking of installing a hot water shut off a little after the hot...
  16. CityKid

Replacing supply lines

Hello all, I am replacing a washing machine in the basement and am unable to shut off the hot water line. The valve by the WM just will not stop the flow. But there is no other shutoff between here and the hot water tank. Now I obviously need to shut off the water to cut into the lines...
  17. CityKid

Greywater usage

Okay, opinions everyone. The thought of using wasing machine waste water, grey water, to use watering landscape instead of dumping it into the sewer or septic tank.
  18. CityKid

Washing Machine drain

Where does the vent have to be(distance wise from the trap)? Can I use an Air Admittance Valve near it?
  19. CityKid

Washing Machine drain

There are a couple of pipes leading into it. From directly above a drain for the kitchen in the next room. Leaning in from above is the toilet. Behind and from above is bathroom sink. This thing has a life to itself. :rolleyes: By the way, I got the correct fittings. Two fernco...
  20. CityKid

Washing Machine drain

The getto fixture that the hose is going into is a 4" opening that would be used for as a drain cleanout. How do I connect to this (after all thet junk is cleaned off of course)? The actual opening is 4" but the pipe is another 1-1.5" wider. Do I need a rubber gasket that can go over the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks