Search results

1. Archibald Tuttle

Lazy TOTO Entrada flush

Terry, I thought I posted this already but surprised to see its not here. Problem turned out to be a couple plastic dental floss holders in the porcelain trap/flushway. they obviously just pushed to the side when I augured the toilet but then flopped back into the path of flow causing the less...
  2. Archibald Tuttle

Lazy TOTO Entrada flush

No, some toilets are very sensitive to water level before the flush and if there is anything up with the refill tube or if evaporation has lowered the level they don't flush well. so I was indicating that I first added a little water to make sure the standing water level was absolutely as full...
  3. Archibald Tuttle

Lazy TOTO Entrada flush

No, no threat to rise to rim when empty but it's just lazy. in fact just adding a third of the flush trying to raise the level in the bowl before flushing which helps with toilets that are sensitive to level before flush actually cause the siphon to start and flush but lazily so it doesn't...
  4. Archibald Tuttle

Lazy TOTO Entrada flush

Got to admit I'm perplexed. this toilet had been flushing fine for 3 years but it's gone lazy. tenants complained it was not flushing to the point of leaking, i.e. spilling over, although I see no evidence of a serious leak or major overflow and the bowl is clean water. first snaked the toilet...
  5. Archibald Tuttle

Universal flapper won't stay up on gerber

gary, fair enough, universal only goes so far these days. was your problem similar to the one i reported. the flapper not staying open at all on its own after pulling the flush handle?
  6. Archibald Tuttle

thanks for specific thoughts and questions. here's the deal. if you hold the flapper up it flushes fine w or without a load. this is not a case of just emptying half the tank and my wondering why it doesn't empty tank all the way, vis-a-vis folks who pointed out the flappers are more...
  7. Archibald Tuttle

i have not encountered this problem before and i've been through hundreds of toilets. the universal flapper doesn't stay up when flushed. i worked with the chain length from the flush handle to make sure i was lifting it as far as possible but it slams shut immediately upon releasing the handle...
  8. Archibald Tuttle

Decent flush handle?

I replace these all the time in service but i have been unable to find a decent replacement standard flush handle. i don't object to paying 2 or even 3 times the entry level. i don't care about the trim. i just want a handle that doesn't loose its horizontal stop after 3 months in use. i don't...
  9. Archibald Tuttle

slow set pvc cement or glue for slip fitting vs. fernco or no hubs

found an old thread* where terry said standard glue gives you plenty of time for a slip fitting. Guess these experts are quick. I've only been doing this 40 years and I haven't found this to be so when I get up in the 3 or 4" range. I've been puzzling how to do a tight stack job without using a...
  10. Archibald Tuttle

Consumer Reports Recommended toilet, Gerber DF-21-318 a big Flop!

Any quick links or pointers or recommendations for keywords for google search to find these explorations of engineering. You are right that the Drake pricing is comparable. I'm going to check my wholesaler again, but its $233 . That is still a pretty penny but a little cheaper than new...
  11. Archibald Tuttle

Lost siphon i.e. no whirlpool

water level got it. next time I'm there I'm going to mark the level carefully. Obviously, the amount I'm trickling in is quite small and I don't notice a change in level visually but there might be a quarter or half inch change I'm not observing, given my casual approach, that makes a...
  12. Archibald Tuttle

Lost siphon i.e. no whirlpool

25 year old early gravity watersaver. think its a gerber. at the inlaws. I've noticed it year after year at christmas time. flush repeatedly. never get a whirlpool or evidence of good siphon. and plenty of unevacuated matter even after flushing several times. so I figured, bad seal at...
  13. Archibald Tuttle

Consumer Reports Recommended toilet, Gerber DF-21-318 a big Flop!

gimic or not?? Just stopped by with an unrelated toilet problem (well the problem is virtually always the flush in one way or another but my problem does not involve a pressure assist, either WDI or Sloan) but my inability to avoid browsing lead me to Terry's recommendations for low flush...
  14. Archibald Tuttle

What is smallest pvc bend?

odd sizes If you can find a 4 and 3/4 one, all power to you. Don't ask me why the convention is that the next size box after 4" is 4 and 11/16 and not 4 and 3/4 or better yet 5". Here is a good link. My local supply house gouged me for the 1 and 1/2" deep. Which is an unusual item...
  15. Archibald Tuttle

and for your next challenge you are right, that wasn't my best example although one wonders if they're getting the fullest sample of results, but try for a 1 and 1/2" deep x 4 and 11/16" electric box. That didn't go one click for me. And, more to the point, can you point me at a supplier...
  16. Archibald Tuttle

NFN and maybe in the better never than late category but to rekindle the argument for fun, I'd say right off plumbguy. I agree you can usually roll the wye and reangle a standard 1/8 bend street fitting and voila, but I do plenty of trench work twhere you can make that kind of bend over a 20...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks