Search results

1. SteveRiley

Water in bottom of tank - and - hot water in cold lines

Sorry for the late reply. I was away on business travel. The manifolds you see in the photo supply heated water to the six fan coils in various places throughout the house. I know that the faucets are also plumbed with PEX-AL-PEX, but I don't know where in the house the manifold is for that...
  2. SteveRiley

Interesting...do you suppose that's intentional? I mean, if the mixing valve is allowing the hot water to backflow, then indeed there is a path to the expansion tank -- so long as the ball valve near tee #1 is open. That waterflex stuff constitutes most of the piping in the system, as you can...
  3. SteveRiley

Wanted to follow-up. The installation company decided to do a full warranty replacement. New tank and no charge for equipment or labor. They agreed that the earlier suggestion of condensation was incorrect. I had never really researched how this system works before, and have learned a lot about...
  4. SteveRiley

OK. I know I shouldn't have done this, especially since I myself am a forum admin, but I simplified my earlier diagram to try to keep the post from getting too long or complicated. Because this curious check valve has aroused suspicion, it seems important to provide more detail. Here's a...
  5. SteveRiley

Hi, Terry. I figured you'd recognize the installer. When the original water heater fell apart in 2008 (after six years of service), it was on the Sunday morning before I was scheduled to depart for a three-week international trip. Understandably, my family wanted it fixed now, and the installer...
  6. SteveRiley

I am unsure of whether my symptoms reveal two problems or if they're related. Anyway... Friday morning, my wife complained of no hot water for the shower. When I went to investigate the water heater, I noticed a small puddle surrounding it, a circle approximately two inches wider than the base...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks