Search results

1. Syncman

Toilet sewer line question

I have a belly in my sewer line in basement ceiling. Left and right, its locked in where it, and another line feeds through a joist. I think where the water enters this section on the LHS is lower than where it leaves. into the down pipe in the exterior wall on the RHS. Looks like it was made...
  2. Syncman

Sump pump for laundry.

I once saw a sump pump and tank that sits above the floor, and pumps water up to the drain above. No cutting concrete required. The appliance sits on a "stage" built above the tank. Is such a thing still available? I looked at the big box stores, no luck. Only the washer and a sink would be...
  3. Syncman

"Better than wax"?

Opinions on "better than wax" rings? Seems a lot easier to use.
  4. Syncman

PVC Thread sizes

What size are 3/4" and 1" threads on threaded PVC pipe fittings? If I wanted to tap a hole to recieve a PVC coupler, what size tap and die would I search for? [Not a plumbing project], so saddles etc. are no good. Need the actual dimensions [diameter/pitch/thread count] , as the fitting will...
  5. Syncman

Pfister faucet question

Can anyone point me to a DEEP 7/16" socket tube? Only an "Engineer" could have designed this stupid Pfister installation tool. The thing is 5" wide and needs to spin in a 4" gap between the sink and cabinet. The shaft to hold the spout is seriously long, and a regular socket bottoms out before...
  6. Syncman

Leaking Kithen faucet. Part issue with new shower faucet and old issue with Oval toilet flange

1. Kitchen faucet was dripping into cabinet. Huge mess. Pretty sure it was from inside the brass mounting tube with all the pipes. Hooked it up to some Faucets where we are remodeling the basement toilet and NOTHING. 4 hours now no leak. Any tips? No idea as to brand. 2. New shower faucet...
  7. Syncman

Gap filling PVC adhesive?

Replacing a tub with shower. The drain is in a hole in the concrete floor. Managed to remove the elbow and left with a short piece of pipe sticking up. However. the pipe got kind of mangled with all the sawing, chiselling, and gouging it took to remove the elbow. If i go any further. the whole P...
  8. Syncman

Temporary glue for PVC? Move if wrong forum.

Making a beer bottle washer with 30+ PVC T joints. Is there a way to glue all these together so they are water tight, but able to be pulled apart for expanding or modifying? Water pressure from a "dirty water" sump pump not mains. One issue is the T joints are almost touching, so no cutting and...
  9. Syncman

Oval toilet flange impossible to seal.

Problem is tree roots in sewer line. $4000-00 repair quote as its 20' down. bit rich for my blood. However there is an inspection access 10 feet away and its easily cleared with the 40' snake I have. Issue is toilet with oval flange is almost impossible to seal with wax. Even after I cobbled 2...
  10. Syncman

Water in garage

How do I stop rain/ground water from entering garage? The old outside water line was blue polybutyl and I got tired of repairing it. The waterline entry point to the house is 8 feet down and paved 6 feet out from the house, so I rerouted a PEX line in a new more convenient spot . Getting water...
  11. Syncman

Copper pipe help

Friend has had 4 pinhole leaks in 2 years. Always on horizontal run. I myself had a pinhole leak last week, too. So now my friends subdivision is investigating, as the whole neighborhood is having issues. Their ideas are:- 1. Pipes not grounded correctly. 2. Pipes bad grade copper 3. Pipes...
  12. Syncman

Move toilet 6"

The builder placed the shower drain, and toilet sewer pipe too close. Concrete foundation wall LH side, then shower drain, then sewer pipe. Concrete sub floor. the shower would only be 30" wide by 46 long with 1 wall only a few inches from toilet. . What is easiest way to shift sewer 6" right...
  13. Syncman

OVAL offset flange.

Trying to install new toilet, but flange is OVAL and wont seal properly, even with 2 wax rings joined together. Dont want to swop the whole flange if possible because its in concrete. Any ideas? The repair to broken area is not a problem, already done once...
  14. Syncman

Copper pipe that wont solder.

Hot water heater replacement. The old copper pipe seems thicker and darker than the new, and wont solder for anything. The new pipe and connectors melt the solder and flux, coating the entire joint in seconds. The old pipe will not cover "tin" or solder. No matter how long I heat it with the...
  15. Syncman

Slow dry PVC cement.

Hot tub repair, 2" PVC manifold fittings that cracked in winter, due to control failure.Had to cut off 2" pipe flush with manifold, and pipes have very little flex, or space, so my thought is slip an "internal repair coupling" into the pipe on one side, line up other pipe and slide half way...
  16. Syncman

Sched 40 pipe 2"

Spa problem. Cut between 2 PVC fittings to remove a cracked part. No pipe was showing, so I cut between the 2. This means no pipe showing to glue the new fitting. The remaining fitting is a 5 port flange that is not cracked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks