Search results

1. Wptski

Globe Valve Parts

Yeah, that's the only place that I've found so far too! Thanks!!
  2. Wptski

Globe Valve Parts

Is there a source for the compression fiber washer on a globe valve?
  3. Wptski

Drain noise

By pumped line, you mean a 3"/4" from a sump pump?? The sump pump discharge is connected to the large pipe, right on the end. There is only one 2" roof vent pipe. Since there are 4" pipes on the header, I don't know they didn't go all the way to the roof with that. This issue may have been...
  4. Wptski

Drain noise

It only happens in the lower level toilet but doesn't happen when the upstairs toilet is flushed. If there was blockage in the main, you'd think that it would also happen when the upstairs toilet is flushed. Yes, in my single level home there is a smaller 2" or whatever roof vent pipe on the...
  5. Wptski

Drain noise

No comments on what could be the cause of the noise from the sink drain or bubble up from the toilet?
  6. Wptski

Drain noise

I'll see if I can get my photographer to take a better picture of that vertical piece. I really like some comments about drain noise and/or bubbling from the toilet.
  7. Wptski

Drain noise

I think that's just a cap there but it is a bit hard to tell for sure from the picture.
  8. Wptski

Drain noise

I went to see my nephew's newly purchased home yesterday. It had been noticed and mentioned to the home inspector about a bubble up in the lower level bathroom. I myself heard a sound from the kitchen sink drain. At first we thought t was when a toilet is flushed but that wasn't it! I don't...
  9. Wptski

Toto Drake II vs Aquia - Ostomy bag

My father had a ostomy bag but didn't dump it between his legs. He used a plastic container that fit a bathroom sink perfectly. He emptied it there, cleaned, rinsed, etc. and then dumped into the toilet. This was in late 2000 so maybe they have changed a lot? The empting flap had to be...
  10. Wptski

14" Rough-In Toilet Choices

I had one of those less than 12" situations but some toilet dimensions would have put it against or through the wall! I went with a 10" rough in just to be safe. I have around 3" space, I think but at least one can easily clean the wall behind it.
  11. Wptski

Toto Drake II Running Nonstop

Okay, that applies to certain AS models which is correct.
  12. Wptski

Toto Drake II Running Nonstop

Need more detail on that statement. My AS Cadet 3 uses Fluid Master made parts. For instance, the OEM flush valve overflow tube is solid or non-adjustable. You can purchase a adjustable version at HD. Both OEM and HD sold version have the adjustable flapper valve.
  13. Wptski

CitiKitty, toilet train your cat

Why? My sister has a cat with the litter box in the bathroom and flushes its deposits all the time. They market kitty litter labeled as "flushable" as well.
  14. Wptski

toto aquia II installion

When I replaced my OEM toilet installed in 1956 it had four bolts but as I discovered the front two into the floor tile were fake. I wonder if this was common practice in those days?
  15. Wptski

Skirted drake? and toilets 101?

There's a Toto sign in a local plumbing showroom window in the Detroit, MI area but I have no idea what exactly they have on the floor. Look here: http://www.hlclaeys.com/
  16. Wptski

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

What's with the Styrofoam glued in the tank? Is this really the proper way to line a toilet? I installed a Cadet 3 from HD last October and didn't have anything inside the tank but the fill/flush valve. I had two different tanks as one leaked. Censorship??????????? EDIT: The first tank lid...
  17. Wptski

True or a Load of Malarkey?

I've had a plumber tell me that 25 years in the business, he had never heard of the issue I was having with a sink install. "Sometimes" but not always time in a trade means nothing. Some are just naturals and some never learn much but it's enough to get by. My father hired someone to install...
  18. Wptski

American Standard toilet not flushing well with the toilet tank cover on!

Are you sure that you don't have too much slack in your chain and the handle lever is hitting the lid when it's installed?
  19. Wptski

True or a Load of Malarkey?

Had a company come in on a backed up floor drain. They fixed the issue but said that the trap under the concrete floor was messed up and would come back to bust up the floor for big bucks. Years later had problems again but this time had Roto-Rooter come in. After he was finished, I asked if...
  20. Wptski

Descaling a toilet

My old OEM toilet installed in 1956 which was replaced last October had a problem about ten years ago. After a good cleaning, I checked the jet hole and it was almost blocked solid! I used a small screw driver to remove most all of it which broke off in chunks. It was like a new toilet after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks