Search results

1. T

Fleck 7000 SXT Repair or replace with?

I have set 95. I can and do regularly measure chlorine level just before the carbon filter. I try to keep the free chlorine level around .7 to 2.0. There have been a number of times the chlorine injector has gotten plugged by crud in the raw water. It causes increased back pressure which in turn...
  2. T

I did not realize that. What I had originally read was you will start to notice all chlorine is being removed and at that time just increase the backwash frequency until new media is installed. Sounds like I need to order new carbon as the unit was installed in 11/2012. So 11 years on it now...
  3. T

The indicates the injector is #00 which I believe has a draw rate .175 GPM BLFC is given as .125 GPM I spent a good amount of time on this site learning, which has helped me make settings.
  4. T

OK, I'll make the recommended settings. I used the word injector for lack of memory of the actual name. I'll continue to keep a close eye on the unit as something must to be going wrong to run out of soft water twice in about 3-4 months. I need to run it through manual regenerations whenever it...
  5. T

I don't have knowledge about what cycle step times are the most appropriate, but I looked at what the manufacturer recommended for SST60 resin. for B1 spec is 5-20 so 8 is ok, DD is a function of how many gals of water is needed to dissolve the correct amount of salt. For 32 minutes of BF and a...
  6. T

The test kit I use is a Hach Free Chlorine 0-3.4 mg/L CL2 Smallest increment is 0.1 mg/L using DPD Free Chlorine Reagent. The softener tank is black and the carbon is blue so not possible to see anything. I haven't detected a noticeable change in flow like when the wash machine is filling and...
  7. T

I ran the unit through a regen. it's difficult to be vary accurate about when the brine level gets halfway down on the check value, I can only see a top view of the side of the check valve housing. From what I could tell it was over 15 mins and perhaps close to 20 min. If a more accurate...
  8. T

Thanks for your response and suggestions. I just checked the water coming out of the carbon filter with a cl test kit and there is no break through so the carbon is taking it all out. By calculation base on CF , chlorine level going into the filter and water usage the carbon should last into the...
  9. T

I have a 1.5 CF water softener with a Fleck 7000 SXT valve and a whole house Carbon Filter also with a Fleck 7000 valve that I installed in 2012. Worked fine until the last 4-5 months. I've had two times recently that we have found the water to be hard 28-30 Grains, which is the level of the...
  10. T

Thanks for the reply. I assume from your comment about the Chemilizer being a fully self...

Thanks for the reply. I assume from your comment about the Chemilizer being a fully self proportioning base on flow unit that I can install it after my pressure tank. Just curious - I also just read from http://4pureh2o.com/ who claim to have come up with the 400 pellet feeder that it should be...
  11. T

You recommended the non electric chlorine pump to take care of my Iron, manganese, & H2S. I...

You recommended the non electric chlorine pump to take care of my Iron, manganese, & H2S. I think I prefer it to the pellet feeder. Pellets are pretty expensive. Also the chemilizer seems to be a proportional unit so I assume I can place it after my pressure tank and outside hose take off. I...
  12. T

Iron, H2S, and other Problems with Existing Well Water Treatment System

Gary & Ditto, Thanks again for the info. I assumed the reddish/orange colored sludge I see at the entrance to the softener/filter is just the iron precipitant as I don't see anything in the toilet tanks. Although perhaps it is and is what is plugging the filter on top the softener and reducing...
  13. T

Gary and Dittohead, Thank you for the advice. While I am not excited about chlorination because of maintenance, it does seem to be straight forward and have benefit of killing any bacteria and I think I read it handles tannins. I'm I correct? Does the chlorination process create the iron sludge...
  14. T

This is my first post, I have been reading everything I can find on this site regarding my problems. I have some questions and would appreciate some suggestions. Background: I presently have equipment installed 10-1997 - From the well the water goes through a venturi valve and into an aerator...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks