Search results

1. Its.me.again

Machinist Round pipe dies vs Racheting Pipe Dies

I want to ask about pipe dies for home use. To use dies occassionally to clean up threads on fittings....whether it be for gas or water line. Cleaning up threads on black pipe, galvanized, brass or plastic. For home use it would be small pipe, from 1/4" to 1" size. Also, might cut a new thread...
  2. Its.me.again

Empire Heater Propane RH65, pilot wont stay lit

Can anyone help with this? We have an Empire RH65, propane, B-vent heater. We depress the off/pilot/on control knob and light the pilot. As soon as the pilot knob is released, the pilot flame goes out. The gas valve on this is heater is a Mertik Maxitrol GV31. The heater is between 5-10 years...
  3. Its.me.again

PEX Crimp rings or Clamp rings....Which Preferred ?

Since I am new to PEX...and just a homeowner...I figured I'd ask which PEX fastener is preferred. Do you like the solid copper Crimp rings or the stainless Clamp rings? Is there a time when you prefer one application over the other?
  4. Its.me.again

Bradford White serial number Mystery

The tank model is MINS30T6LX13. The serial number is BD6142865. Is this thing a 1985 or a 2005? It is a 30 gallon, "tall" propane with a side feed cold inlet and a top exit for the hot. It was in my boyfriend's mobile home when he bought it, but we took it out and replaced it with an...
  5. Its.me.again

Anode rods...Magnesium vs Aluminum

I actually ordered a spare anode rod for future replacement in my new 30 gallon electric hot water tank. (I had replaced one before in the previous tank. ) But I never know what material is the best to buy. Magnesium or Aluminum? What is the difference? Also, when I cut the new rod...should...
  6. Its.me.again

Pex ring removal tool (Sharkbite 23055) Adjustable or not?

I am new to pex tools (I am just a homeowner) but am buying some for working on friends mobile home water lines. OK..... so I buy the 23055 pex ring remover tool at one Home Depot store. Then I go to another different Home depot store in the area a couple of months later and see the same...
  7. Its.me.again

2 Gallon Expansion Tanks...Hot water VS Well expansion tank

Can anyone solve this mystery for me? When it comes to putting a 2 gallon thermal expansion tank on a hot water heater, can a person opt to use a 2 gallon well pressure expansion tank? What is the difference between these expansion tanks? I will use the following example that Lowes sells...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks