Search results

1. G

Closet flange height

Thanks Mike. I decided to go with the installation I described. I was not clear in my post. The "gap" I mentioned is a lateral gap. I did support the old metal flange with wood and set the PVC extender in adhesive caulk onto tye flange as well as screwing it tight to the sub floor using new...
  2. G

Closet flange height

It's getting close to crunch time! In process of remodeling master bath. Finished install of new tile floor. I had extended existing cast iron flange using PVC extender with adhesive and screwed to sub-floor. Now with finished floor in place I see that flange only extends about 1/8" above floor...
  3. G

Wonderboard installation

Thanks Jim. I think I will opt for the tape while tiling method to avert the speed bumps. :)
  4. G

Wonderboard installation

I am installing porcelain ceramic floor tile in bathroom. House is 40 years old. Sub flooring in good shape consists of 5/8" plywood mounted on 1x6 boards layed over joists. Since the base looks very sound, I am using 1/4' wonderboard as a backer for the tile. My question is: I plan to use...
  5. G

Water back up into sink

We have 2 baths "back to back" on second floor separated by a wall. Occasionally when water is run in Bath "A" water appears in the sink of Bath "B". I am in the process of remodeling bath B and have removed all fixtures. I need to place a bucket under the trap for the removed sink because some...
  6. G

Wax ring with horn on a Drake.

Thanks Terry for the prompt reply. I'm new to this site and am impressed with all the information and help available here. In the process of totally remodeling master bath and look forward to exchanges on this and other forums. Thanks again, Guy
  7. G

Wax ring with horn on a Drake.

I am installing a new Drake. Somewhere I read that one should not use a wax ring with plastic horn with a Drake. I purchased a "Kant-Leak" urethane reinforced ring with sleeve. I've installed a flange extender to raise flange surface to 1/4" above tile. Before I do something that might cause...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks