Search results

1. Big2bird

Water Heater flex

My question is this: I used 2 heater hose flexes from Home Depot to connect my new unit. I used brass nipples on one end, and they are difficult to seal. Do the brass nipples not mate well to these hoses, or are the hose washers lame? They hold when just over hand tight (for now).
  2. Big2bird

Price Pfiister cartridge

I purchased a new faucet for the new bathroom. Cleaned the screens and flushed it out. 3 weeks later the hot side is clogged in the cartridge. Bought a new cartridge, flushed it out and cleaned the screen. 3 weeks later, same thing. Wrote the company. New cartridge. 3 weeks later, same thing...
  3. Big2bird

Gem cap

I demolished my old kitchen today. Since my new one is in a new location, I tore out the old cast iron oakum stuff , cut the last of the 2" close to the 4" main I am reusing, and installed a gem cap. Is that kosher? BTW, that old 2" C.I line looked like a 3/4" pipe inside. No wonder I had...
  4. Big2bird

Blanco faucet install

They just installed my granite counters last night, and today I am trimming it out to finish. I am using this faucet;http://www.blancoamerica.com/inter/kt/HeilerPPMKatalog/hlr-system/USA/Faucets/BLANCOMERIDIAN_SEMI_PROFESSIONAL/Spec_Page/440557.pdf I have never installed a faucet in granite...
  5. Big2bird

SS water lines

So what is the story on SS braided water lines for toilets, faucets, washers, dishwashers,icemakers? What is the best to use for each? Just curious. I hear horror stories on different forums about all kinds of hoses. My old plumber friend liked the tubing/rubber washer deals the best. That's...
  6. Big2bird

Plaster tips

I am remodeling my house, and part of the plan is to repair dome cracks in my button board/plaster hallway. The plan is to roll on concrete glue, add fiber mesh, and skim coat the affected areas. Any tips/suggestions/ideas?
  7. Big2bird

R/O unit

I have a new R/O unit I am installing under the kitchen sink. Is there a trick tailpiece fitting I can use for the 1/4" polyflow drain line, or am I stuck with that "Rube Goldburg" saddle clamp deal?
  8. Big2bird

Cleaning Amer Standard Champion 4

Anything special I should use on this Everclean surface material?Anything to avoid? https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?4833-American-Standard-Champion-toilet-Review-and-comments
  9. Big2bird

Relocating kitchen stub out

Long story short, we re arranged kitchen cabs, and bought a deep undermount sink. My stub out ended up here: So I cut out the 2x1 1/2" SAN T , lowered another one 3", and ran it Horizontally 8" or so, and installed a 1 1/2" sweep to stub it out in a better place between the bowls. So my...
  10. Big2bird

Curious about garbage disposal installation

I have read here the disposal should be opposite the P-trap on a dual bowl kitchen sink set up. I am curious as to why that isrecommended.
  11. Big2bird

Sioux Chief washer box

Help. I installed one of these boxes, and now the drain test cap won't snap off. I twisted the test nib like the directions said, and it snapped off. I just need to remove the test cap on the drain, but fear I may break the solvent weld to the ABS standpipe. Suggestions? Thank you in advance.
  12. Big2bird

Setting lav sink

I am going to set my drop in china lav tomarrow. What is the proper way to "glue" it to the tile counter? Bead of caulk?
  13. Big2bird

ABS repair, remove pipe from fitting

I need to get the 1 1/2" piece of ABS out of the 1 1/2" San T in the wall behind my vanity. What is the best way? Do I need to buy a "Hol Hawg" bit, or can I use a 2" hole saw and epoxy the new pipe in? I already cut it flush, and tried to collapse the pipe inside. I stopped before I butchered...
  14. Big2bird

Oatey cast iron flange

I am going to install an oatey cast iron flange over a 3" ABS pipe, then anchor it to the floor. Any tricks? The website provides little install info. A test fit showed it was very tight, and maybe a little "too tight" to get the screws on the brass clamp ring started. Use any lube? Just saying...
  15. Big2bird

Round or elongated?

Besides the obvious, what are the advantages to either one? I just have never thought about it. Clearances? Personal preference? I just don't know.
  16. Big2bird

Pinholes in CU piping

I had my home re-plumbed about 1988 in copper tubing. Type L was used. It has a circ. pump with expansion tank, check valves, and the WH is outside in a shack. Now that I am remodeling, and re-piping again, I am just curious. I had perhaps 20 pin holes develop and leak, mainly at fittings, from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks