Search results

1. Big2bird

Water Heater flex

My question is this: I used 2 heater hose flexes from Home Depot to connect my new unit. I used brass nipples on one end, and they are difficult to seal. Do the brass nipples not mate well to these hoses, or are the hose washers lame? They hold when just over hand tight (for now).
  2. Big2bird

Price Pfiister cartridge

So I suppose the only "theory" would be sediment small enough to pass the screen, but large enough to clog the cartridge. Correct?
  3. Big2bird

Price Pfiister cartridge

No junk in the hot water. Screen is clean and clear. If I pull the cartridge, flush the unit, and install a new cartridge, 3 weeks later, JUST the hot is reduced to dribble. The factory has a hard time believing me, but they sent me a new cartridge. Now, 4 weeks later, here I go again. Crap.
  4. Big2bird

Price Pfiister cartridge

That's the rub. The faucet has a short 9" or so factory hose, with screens in the nuts/ferrules you extend with hoses to the shut off cocks. The screen is always clean, yet the "cartridge" clogs only on the hot side. It is quite the mind blowing deal here.
  5. Big2bird

Price Pfiister cartridge

http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/Bath/Product/GT42-YP0K.aspx
  6. Big2bird

Price Pfiister cartridge

I purchased a new faucet for the new bathroom. Cleaned the screens and flushed it out. 3 weeks later the hot side is clogged in the cartridge. Bought a new cartridge, flushed it out and cleaned the screen. 3 weeks later, same thing. Wrote the company. New cartridge. 3 weeks later, same thing...
  7. Big2bird

Please Critique My Wiring Diagram

It's fine. Procede as planned.
  8. Big2bird

The Most Time-Consuming Remodeling You Ever Embarked Upon

Remodel my house. 1 1/2 years, and still not finished. (When are they)?
  9. Big2bird

Opinions On Lightweight Drywall Panels ?

I used some this weekend. No issues here. Is easier to work with.(Carry)
  10. Big2bird

Oh where, oh where does that circuit go?

I used to install a switch by the back door for the garage door opener. "Vacation switch."
  11. Big2bird

hook up of table saw

Just pigtail it with #12.
  12. Big2bird

American Standard Champion 4 toilet review and pictures

I have had mine 3 months or so. No issues here, and a good price on sale at HD.
  13. Big2bird

Code clearance between ABS and recessed lighting?

Not an electrical issue. I do not know if it is a plumbing issue.
  14. Big2bird

Water for Icemaker

I use my RO to feed my icemaker also. When he said "soft water" I assumed he meant a salt water unit.
  15. Big2bird

Water for Icemaker

I am quite sure you do not want to ingest soft water.
  16. Big2bird

Controlling under-cabinet fluorescent fixtures with a wall switch

Is it compliant to the letter of the code? No. Is it safe and not endangering your daughter? I don't see a giant threat here. I bet we are talking 25-40 watts here.
  17. Big2bird

Are Heat Tapes Safe ?

I haven't installed any in years. Back in the day it was good stuff. With all the Chinese junk these days, I just don't know.
  18. Big2bird

Holiday wishes

Merry Christmas to everyone who is a member of this board. Thank you Terry for hosting us.
  19. Big2bird

Opinions on what to do with house with low voltage lighting setup

"Touch plate." I would just leave it alone, but the issue is unless you renew all the relays, which GE still makes for lo vo controls and energy management, you will be changing one here and there for years. Parts can be found here...
  20. Big2bird

Washing machine drain

I am not a plumber, but without seeing it, it's kinda like asking how long a piece of string is.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks